SOTD Free Week August 3 to August 9 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C30F1ABB-586A-48A2-849C-575AA7E988E0.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick pucked.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flare Tip.
4) Egypt: Blade Shark Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.

Saturday Evening SOTD

• Pre: Hot water face rinse, TOBS Jermyn St. Pre-Shave Gel
  • Razor: Merkur 34G
  • Blade: Astra SP (3)
  • Brush: Suavecito Synthetic 20mm
  • Shaving Soap: Cella
  • Bowl: Captain’s Choice Gunmetal
  • Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

CBD55365-C473-422F-9507-5CCFFC57C5E2.jpeg
F3789579-A42E-40DE-9944-7A8863D7D013.jpeg
57ED77CC-143A-41A0-A12B-3471F107548D.jpeg

SOTD : 9th August 2020.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Wilko Men's Shaving Oil.

Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Fine ~ Fresh Vetiver.

Blade: Shark ~ Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

Tesco ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Fine brush & soap duo created a luxurious lather in a short space of time making my Sunday morning shave a pleasurable experience.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop Tesco ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday Afternoon SOTD - A Leisurely Shave

Sunday shaves are the most relaxing ones. There is no timetable to follow and you can shave in the afternoon post a lavish shower. You can take ample time to put as many infinity strokes as you can, space your first and second pass with short gentle strokes and have as much time as you want to complete your 3 pass shave!

Pre shave - Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Pre Shave Oil
Shaving cream - Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Shaving Soap
Brush - Pearl Ivory finish 30 mm synthetic badger
Razor - Edwin Jagger chrome finish DE89
Blade - Feather Blades (on 3rd use)
Post shave - Alum Block along with application of cold water
Aftershave - Axe ultra smooth Aftershave balm mixed with a hint of Pink Woolf Oceanic Blue Aftershave lotion

Had a great 3 pass BBS shave today with only one minor nick on my neckline while completing touch up post 3 passes. Feather on 3rd use starts showing signs of wearing out of sharpness on me. May be will use it one more time before discarding. The shaving brush is good but gives scritches in between, may be a little softer on the tip and little less backbone would have made the brush perfect.

In India there is no manufacturer who makes quality synthetic or badger brushes with knot size equal or greater than 26 mm. I am planning to get a Big Jock synth from Executive Shaving Company or a Simpson Chubby synthetic but with current circumstances there is no guarantee on timeline of delivery for overseas parcels. May be will find a solution soon!

Coming back to shave a good 3 pass shave today. Next shave on Tuesday.

Thank you and have a great Sunday ahead! 🙏🏽

F14D15B9-1A32-49A9-8B7A-0703EBC682E4.jpeg
B187119B-7023-47AC-BA86-CFFADFF5E032.jpeg
333B0FB2-B7B3-4DC6-9DBA-AFFDA36C7957.jpeg

Sunday, August 9, 2020. Domingo, 9-8-2020
Bayolea de Penhaligon’s:
* Cream pre-shave
* Shaving soap
* Lotion after-shave
* Balm After-shave
* EdR
Simpson, best badger 22x34, M6 faux carey handle
Wacker Huntsman 1092, +7/8 silver steel, 1/1 extra hollow, heelless singing blade, genuine blonde scales
proxy.php

SOTD (# 143/2020)
09-08-2020

20200807_194525-01.jpeg

Preshave: cold water.
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Lemon Chill
Razor: Ming Shi 2000S (on setting 2,75)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, heavely mentholated Majestät AS, Nivea post shave balm.

Since we have a really hot summer day here in Germany today (up to 100 F) I opted for some menthol blast. Lovely shave.

Enjoy your Sunday!

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, AUGUST 9, 2020

Today I shaved with a straight I haven’t used before. It’s a NOS A. Witte complete with an enclosed note saying “honed by Henrey 1939”. I swapped a brand new EJ89 I’d purchased as a gift for my 15 yr old grandson which he had returned to me for it. Despite the note, Ben reset the bevel with his honing toys. It shaved beautifully, with the usual results, VBBS above the jawline and DFS on the neck. My Type I Hydromagic Injector cleaned up the neck and delivered a good clean VBBS to the noggin. All in all an excellent way to start the day! I feel refreshed, cool, clean and acceptably velveteen!

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 (Mug), Hydromagic Type I Injector (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

27A6F21B-6760-42CA-806B-5E614DF4250A.jpeg

Sun 9 SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade Elios Inoxidable 8th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Proraso Green
Legendary lather...without a doubt. Once dialled in, it's creamy, cooling, slick and nice scent! Good brush for the job too.
Shave with my oldest razor paired with the excellent blade was very nice. Smooth and comfy with the blade still as sharpish. A good 3+1 multiple passes with BBS result! I would say it's the blade that made this razor shave so well today. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Proraso Green splash....terrific shave!
20200808_232459.jpg

20200809_163446.jpg

Sunday Shave.jpg

Sunday’s Shave

Today’s shave is with Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife soap. I have been using this soap for most of the week. This time I am using my Simpson Duke 3 brush in best. This is the first brush I bought after joining B&B. It was the start of BAD. The razor is a Wolfman SS SB WR2 1.05 mm razor loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance was TOBS Sandalwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom