What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 2nd - August 8th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vikingsblade Emperor Meij [Setting 8]
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Soap/Aftershave: PAA Sangre De Drago

Have a great shave, have great day gents.

20210808_040003.jpg

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
3E4B9963-A33C-4177-9C05-E365C481B582.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick made into a puck.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Aldi Prince Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Yaqi 28mm Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2, SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Sunday Shave. Loaded a Wizamet into the Wolfman. For some reason, the Personna Red only got three shaves when it faded. Usually, I can get seven shaves from that blade. The Yaqi did a nice job of making lather – and splattering it on the mirror, too! A nice, smooth shave. Now off to church. Have a good day, gents.

RAZOR:-70CLOCK permasharp
Blade:-Silvermax
Brush Pinkwoolf Maroon Base boar
Soap:- Pinkwoolf Ocean blue
Post shave:-Nivea Deep Impact.
This razor worked like bsc today with 2nd use Silvermax in weekly shave.

Didnt soak the piglet for more than 2 mins in normal water and successfully got lather lasting for 2 passes.

One issue with lather though was it was bit too bubbly type same as hand washing laundry the lather which is softer blows away same like that.

The boar shave brush does smell bit funny and over powering the ocean blue fragrance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210808_185447.jpg
    IMG_20210808_185447.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 9

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Aug 8th 2021, Closing day of the 2020 or 2021 Tokyo Japan Olympics and thought it would be a good time to use my Schick injector, theme type Champions, Schick was a sponsor of the 1976 Montreal Canada Olympics when they still had a niche spot for injectors in the shaving world. This razor could of been designed for the Schick Twin II blade & works very well with this blade.

Razor: Schick injector L theme type Champions- offered during the 1976 Montreal Olympics, excellent simple design.
Blade: Schick twin II blade, excellent blade for daily shavers, the Birth of cartridge razors came from these blades IMO.
Soap: Razorock Sant Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco Vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger(Finest), Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick injector L type with a Twin II blade.

SOTD, Aug 8th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gillette 1967 Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Shaverboy (2)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Black/White handle & Oumo Knot
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Mikes Natural Soaps - Wild Honeysuckle
Aftershave: PAA - Son of Honeysuckle

BDD095D5-9E56-4121-B830-3B569B1E4764.jpeg

It a bird? It’s a plane?…it’s Shaverboy!
I hit on a great combination this morning. Gillette black handle SS and Shaverboy blade? Perfect!
The black handle SuperSpeed is a mild-medium shaver that seems to work really well with mild to medium blades. Shaverboy gave me a really fast and smooth BBS. Usually Shark is a favorite blade for this razor, so now I have another option. I’ve already made a note of it in my shaving app.
Of course we can’t ignore the wonderful slick surface that Mikes Natural Soap lays down for a base.
Razor, blade and soap…a troika to be regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom