Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1147262
Pre: Stirling Honey bath soap
Brush: AP Shave Co. handle with a Viking Soap synthetic silvertip knot
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#2)
Soap: Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto

Good shave tonight. Face lathering went well—got the brush pasty, kept adding water, and eventually got it to where it needed to be. Thanks for the tips @benos!

Only issue was entirely my fault when I went ATG on a small area on the first pass and got a weeper for my troubles. Whoops.

Live and learn. 😁

Anytime, my friend, glad it went well!

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Nacet #14
Brush: Lijun
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
ASB: Proraso
ASL: Proraso Green
IMG_0498b.JPG

Date:- 30 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Weinstrasse
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men
Tonight Tipple:- McGuigan Black Label Red

Sun 30 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Sharp JAWS Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Woods
Outstanding lather today. The scent upon opening the soap tub...until the end of the shave session was terrific! Even the wife commented the room smell of sweet coffee. Working with the excellent brush created a lush, creamy and slick lather...
Razor and blade combo today was perfect! Smooth, comfortable but sharp and efficient between all 3+1 multiple direction passes. No issues at all. Icy water rinse followed by cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Whisky Wood. Face, jawline and neck like glass...BBS!!
Today was a perfect combination between soap lather, razor & blade. Rating a rare 10!!
20200830_143621.jpg

20200830_143918.jpg

SOTD - Sunday 30 August 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped - 0.95mm - TRH2 - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Thunderhead B8 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender
  • After-Shave: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender - Splash

Sunday SOTD - A luxurious & relaxing shave of BBS grade!

Like I mentioned in my last post on Friday, the Sunday shaves remain extra special as I end up getting hot towel spa on my face as a part of pre shave preparation. The steam of the hot towel feels so relaxing on face that I end up taking it for around 10-15 minutes. Not only the feeling is amazing rather it also makes my stubble super soft and ready for shave. I take hot towel twice once before applying pre shave (if I am going to use pre shave like today) and post application of pre shave. If anyone wants to try this at home I would definitely recommend as there is not better way to make you feel special than a little pampering whilst doing one of the most relaxing activities of the day - Wet Shaving!

Pre Shave - Hot Towel Spa pre and post application of Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Pre Shave Oil
Brush - Pearl ivory finish handle synthetic brush with 30 mm knot
Shaving Soap - Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar Shaving Cream
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Finish
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum on 3rd use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
After Shave - Truefitt & Hill Grafton Aftershave Balm

I did a lavish 3 pass shave today. While the first and second shave were amazing with Astra loaded in EJ DE89, the third pass started giving feedback that the blade is not helping fine tuning the shave to a BBS grade! Though I continued to scrape slowly and achieved a BBS grade shave by the end of third pass and a little touch up, paid a small price of little carelessness and the razor went sideways giving a little slash in the chin area.

Did not get any significant bleeding at all and post application of alum the slash is not at all visible but had that not happened today, the shave would have been BBS+.

However I believe I am never going to use an Astra blade on its 3rd use onwards with a mild razor ever again. Post 2nd use of Astra SP will definitely shift to an aggressive or adjustable razor for subsequent uses.

The shaving cream and aftershave combination of Truefitt & Hill is my personal favourite and really love the lingering fragrance of the Grafton bouquet. Their products are really class apart.

Going to ditch the brush as it continues to give little scritches on face lathering. So the next shave on Tuesday will have many changes and mix & matches of tried and tested products in quest to achieve a perfect shave everyday!

Thank you 🙏🏽 and wishing you all a very happy Sunday!

D6862346-5C5F-46B7-86C1-4B7C26F71C46.jpeg
85214F19-E55D-4FDA-869E-8F9D13062A94.jpeg
12F05AF2-8104-43D5-9BBD-88525ABE5F60.jpeg

SOTD (# 158/2020)
30-08-2020

20200830_111914-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Badger/Boar
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Eton College (sample)
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Nacet (7)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS & post shave balm

Excellent shave today! The Mistura is such a nice brush, it's got soft tips and a very pleasant backbone (and it is fully broken in ).

Have a nice Sunday, gents!

5EDB6876-4954-4E69-81C9-8F6039DC3589.jpeg

SOTD. SUNDAY MORNING, AUGUST 30, 2020

Spent about an hour and a half last night burnishing the edge of my favorite CKBA Damascus straight with pull strokes on the jasper stone while watching the 1954 version of Sabrina with Humphrey Bogart, William Holden, and Audrey Hepburn with SWMBO. It certainly paid off. 10 strokes on the paddle strop followed and all was right with the world!

What a sweet, buttery edge! I realize I went a bit overboard, but the mug shave was a complete delight! I really took my time by getting up early. An absolutely wonderful three pass shave ( WTG, ATG, XTG) delivered a perfect VBBS. Did not shave the head as SWMBO and I are meeting friends for a 60 mile bike ride. Bike helmets and freshly shorn domes don’t do well together. I’ll do the dome when I return. I feel cool, clean and athletically velveteen.

RAZOR: CKBA 7/8 Damascus Koa Wood Scales
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom