What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 24th - August 30th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6C493114-83E9-4509-A0C4-47D094580F9E.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, AUGUST 25, 2020

Excellent shave today with two of my favorite razors on this beautiful sunny day in the Philly burbs. After a touch up on the Jasper stone, and 30 strops to the Feather FAS carbon steel blade for the VC4, both the CKBA Damascus straight and my Valet VC4 were ready for business. The CKBA Damascus straight razor seemed to almost brush away the slick MWF lather delivering a perfect VBBS above the jawline and a DFS++ below. The freshly stropped Feather FAS carbon steel blade in the Valet VC4 cleaned up the rough spots remaining on my neck and sheared my noggin stubble right down to the skin line opening the bloodless door once again to VBBS land. I feel cool, refreshed, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: CKBA Koa Wood Scaled Damascus (Mug), Valet Autostrop Model VC4 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10 (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Royall Lyme AS Splash

Date:- 25 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Unconditional Surrender
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

proxy.php

Farewell Shave

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (1)
Scent: Musgo Real Classic

On Friday evening, I lost my dearest friend, after a ten year battle with cancer. I was privileged to be holding his hand as he slipped away. We were inseparable since schoolboys.
He was a passionate wet shaver, but too shy to do much posting.

His Wife asked me if I could shave him on his final day; a great honour that I gladly accepted. Unfortunately, his birth razor was at his home. He had a two week growth, so I needed some blade gap.
The Futur was one of his favourite razors, so I packed it up with a selection of gear and headed to the hospital, where I shaved him, and stayed with him until the end.

Tonight, I reproduce the shave, as a tribute to my dear friend.

Rest easy, my Brother.
Good on you and sorry for for your loss. Glad to hear your friend had a great shave before the end, from you no less. A fitting tribute to be shaving with that razor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom