What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 24th - August 30th, 2020

Farewell Shave

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (1)
Scent: Musgo Real Classic

On Friday evening, I lost my dearest friend, after a ten year battle with cancer. I was privileged to be holding his hand as he slipped away. We were inseparable since schoolboys.
He was a passionate wet shaver, but too shy to do much posting.

His Wife asked me if I could shave him on his final day; a great honour that I gladly accepted. Unfortunately, his birth razor was at his home. He had a two week growth, so I needed some blade gap.
The Futur was one of his favourite razors, so I packed it up with a selection of gear and headed to the hospital, where I shaved him, and stayed with him until the end.

Tonight, I reproduce the shave, as a tribute to my dear friend.

Rest easy, my Brother.

Farewell Shave

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (1)
Scent: Musgo Real Classic

On Friday evening, I lost my dearest friend, after a ten year battle with cancer. I was privileged to be holding his hand as he slipped away. We were inseparable since schoolboys.
He was a passionate wet shaver, but too shy to do much posting.

His Wife asked me if I could shave him on his final day; a great honour that I gladly accepted. Unfortunately, his birth razor was at his home. He had a two week growth, so I needed some blade gap.
The Futur was one of his favourite razors, so I packed it up with a selection of gear and headed to the hospital, where I shaved him, and stayed with him until the end.

Tonight, I reproduce the shave, as a tribute to my dear friend.

Rest easy, my Brother.
I'm so sorry for your loss, brother.

Tuesday, 8/25:

20200825_101039.jpg

Razor - Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - WCS Infinity 26mm Abyss synthetic
Soap - Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
A/S - Stirling Baker Street

What a great shave this razor gives. Paired with a good blade and lather, it just coasts. Feels pleasantly mild but does a good job giving a nice smooth shave. Brush has a great synth knot in it; looks like a Boss, but way softer and easier to splay. Made a great lather in the bowl. Finished off with Baker Street splash, and wow: the citrus/oakmoss/amber mix was incredible. Great shave.

DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- Mfg 2018>Excellent mid range & very nice with a Kai SS blade combination just to make it what I always wanted from this razor & that is a 2 pass with pickups BBS. Very happy with this combination of razor & blade.
Blade: KAI SS (11)- Excellent blade(still testing longevity), .009 thousand of a inch wider for>blade exposure,
excellent longevity, sharp & smooth, worth the extra money to have a few tucks to give your mild razors a boost if you want that extra blade feel.
Soap: Tabac- Just a excellent soap with great lather qualities- Scent is OK for myself?Rarely get weepers from Tabac!
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- excellent lather maker with nice soft tips for painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX spalsh with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + KAI SS blade combo.
DE SOTD, Tue, Aug 25th 2020.jpg
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Top Bottom