Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Soap: ToBS Avocado Cream
Brush: Muhle Travel
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Aftershave: None

Was a nice shave [emoji4]

Book 21..... FINALLY!! The last book at the end of the complete series of Patrick O'Brian the final voyage of Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin.
I just finished the second book. I am enjoying them! It's nice to see that I have so many more to look forward to. I just hope his writing does not fall off!

Your reaction looks angry? I wasn't being sarcastic in my comment, I love to read, and think it was awesome to read the complete series of Patrick O'Brian. My apologies if I misunderstood your reaction.
I blame Covid19 for keeping me busy reading, I’m not angry at you.

Tue 25 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Re-used yesterday's extra lather. Looks dried up in the bowl but upon adding some water and working with the brush...a nice creamy and slick lather developed. Plenty for 4passes with nice orange scent and menthol feel.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was very good. Easy, relaxing, smooth and comfortable 3+1 multiple direction passes. No issues at all. Like glass feel...bbs! Should use this razor more. Simple, cheap but very good & efficient for me.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and lastly Reuzel. Rating 9.8/10
20200825_082420.jpg

SOTD : 25th August 2020.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Wilko Men's Shaving Oil.

Brush : Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.

Blade: Gillette ~ 'NOS 94' Super Silver Platinum. (7)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial Mentholated Splash Lotion .

Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

Greetings,

Early morning cold water shave

The WS premium TTO/Gillette 'NOS 94' SSP paired together superbly, making the shave a pleasurable shaving experience.

Another comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

My face is feeling Cool, super smooth & smelling Divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday SOTD - An Excellent DFS++ shave with zero weepers, nicks, cuts or redness!

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Pearl 30 mm knot synthetic brush
Bowl - Supply Marble lathering bowl (did bowl lathering today)
Shaving Soap - Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol Shaving Cream
Razor - Pearl chrome finished TTO
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue on 2nd use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
After Shave - Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave Balm

Today I did not use pre shave oil. Rather rinsed my face very well with hot water and used one of the best facial scrubs to soften my 40 hour old stubble. The reason being since the razor I was repeating is an aggressive one and I was pairing it with the best blades and one of the best creams I possess, thought there won’t be any need for adding any extra cushioning beyond that.

I did bowl lathering today, the shaving cream and the hefty knot of the chubby brush worked really well and produced voluminous lather which was more than enough to cover for the two amazing passes I had today.

With Gillette Silver Blue loaded in the TTO glided like a dream. An excellent first pass and par excellence second pass with a sublime touch up on chin and neck area. I did not use any additional pressure today and completely allowed the razor weight to glide on my face. The combination worked terrific and I was able to achieve a DFS++ shave with no nicks, cuts, weepers or redness on the shaved area.

There was no need for alum today but being habituated to use alum I did apply and witnessed zero feedback on my face today. The Davidoff Cool Water is one of my most favourite fragrances, and applying the aftershave made my face feel supple and ultra soft whilst the mesmerising fragrance took me to the wild seas!

Next shave is tomorrow and planning to change my shaving cream and blade whilst keeping everything else same.

Thank you 🙏🏽

1A07EB2C-7FDF-43F3-BBE9-4FCD785999DB.jpeg
D83B166D-87F7-4933-847D-5446B84DDFE2.jpeg
DCC744D9-6C1F-4C17-BF41-04FF1FDDAAE9.jpeg
36E219DA-D6BB-4831-A065-B32D9FBD8195.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom