Soap: Ariana&Evans The Undersea
After-shave: Ariana&Evans The Undersea

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Date:- 29 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Voskhod is STILL holding the edge and still going smooth with the 34C

Last edited:
Sat 29 SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Shavette
Blade Euromax Platinum SE 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Good lather from Arko. Good brush for face lathering. Made it really slick for the shave...hardly able to skin stretch due to the slickness...
It's been awhile since last shavette shave but hand coordination is still good. In fact, able to perform a special atg manoeuvre seen on u-tube... hahaha
Able to do 3 multiple direction passes but still unable to get an efficient result.
In general the razor & blade combo was very smooth and comfortable but unable to get those short tough stubbles on the jawline & neck...despite various passes. 2 creepers seen later.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and AV Ice Blue.
SAS shave result with rating of 7.5/10
20200828_213310.jpg

20200829_151030.jpg

Sorry, @benos, I missed your question when it came in. I have tried face lathering, but it's been hit or miss. I suspect it's because I'm not adding enough water or I'm getting impatient and start to shave too soon (or a combination). Interesting point about the behavior of different soaps. My most successful face lather so far has been with a La Toja stick.

No worries! I personally have found that with some soaps, Wholly Kaw for instance, they're so foolproof that it doesn't matter how I lather them, the lather always seems to turn out great. Others just end up coming out noticeably denser and creamier on my face, and they're a little airier in the bowl. One of the things people mention often when someone is having lathers not to their liking is to load/use more product. And it's true: like 9 times out of 10 the problem is solved by just loading more. Try that! Get that knot nice and pasty and just add your water in small amounts, you'll get there.

Saturday, 8/29:

20200829_093532.jpg

Razor - Charcoal Goods brass Lvl 2
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Prometheus Handcrafts "Bronze Fire" 26mm Tip 2-band
Soap - Oaken Lab Far Afield
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver

I've been very impressed with the Personna in the CG through two shaves now. It's been the 3rd and 4th use of it, and it is so smooth and efficient. No doubt it was helped by very good soaps; the Oaken Lab V3 base is great. I loaded light and the lather was pretty thin, but slickness was excellent. Scent was very very nice; in the vein of B&M Petrichor or WK Tempest, but with the earthy petrichor smell turned way down. It's a light scent but very pleasing. The brush was again fantastic; not much else to say, other than it approaches the realm of "perfect brush" for me. My face is amazingly smooth and clear. 👌

No worries! I personally have found that with some soaps, Wholly Kaw for instance, they're so foolproof that it doesn't matter how I lather them, the lather always seems to turn out great. Others just end up coming out noticeably denser and creamier on my face, and they're a little airier in the bowl. One of the things people mention often when someone is having lathers not to their liking is to load/use more product. And it's true: like 9 times out of 10 the problem is solved by just loading more. Try that! Get that knot nice and pasty and just add your water in small amounts, you'll get there.

Awesome, thanks! I’ll give that a shot tonight with some WK!

02FD3B09-9111-44DC-B2A4-6E2016C6E631.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, AUGUST 29, 2020

Good Saturday morning shave. When my Puma arrived, it had been stored unused for years. After resetting the bevel and removing the surface rust stains which polished off easily with my Dremel and some jeweler’s rouge, I’ve enjoyed my shaves. This morning when working under my right jawline, a very slight tremor resulted in a very slight slice, which oozed a bit but closed right up after a quick alum treatment. The shave continued with the expected result, VBBS. Every now and then the shave gods remind us of their presence. Still a great shave with a buttery smooth edge. The dome shave went beautifully with my Cooper Monobilt - one and a half pass VBBS. The Monobilt is an excellent safety razor that always delivers the goods. I feel cool, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Puma 5/8 (Mug), Cooper Monobilt (Dome)
BLADE: Astra DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum and Chatillon Lux Lavender Toner.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 29th, 2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Mfg 2018> Great milder mid range. Kai SS blade makes it a excellent razor blade combination.
Blade: KAI SS (13) Excellent sharp & smooth blade with longevity(testing) .009" extra wide for greater blade feel.
Soap: Razorock Lavender
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24 mm synthetic- excellent for creating lather and has cloud like feel soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR SLOC & Kai SS blade.
DE SOTD, Sat, Aug29th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom