What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 19th - August 25th, 2019

PAA solar flare, Gillette NEW LC, Barristers Reserve, Yellow 7oclock, Aqua Velva.
4060A232-C05B-45E1-98AC-3F1C0725CE84.jpeg

Saturday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick Injector (D6)
Brush: ThatDarnRob Navy 24mm BOSS
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Catie's Bubbles IB Tonsorial Parlour
Balm: Taconic Unscented
Aftershave: Nobel Otter BarrBarr

SOTD : 24th August 2019.

c.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush : Fine 24mm Synthetic.

Face & head Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette ~ Winner.(1)

Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face & head Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gillette ~ Blue ASL.

The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

:Face & Head Shave:

A new shave set up to start the weekend..Maiden shave with the new Gillette Winner Blade, which i've finally got round to trying out. Paired together with the ball end tech was a smooth efficient of which i find very similar with the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Saloon Pack), quite sharp, but very forgiving quite possibly the same blade,using the 'Gillette Winner' name with new packaging for resale purposes...Another great value for money indian made blade, the longevity of them, i'm not sure, but i will take a guess and say around 2-3 'head shaves'3-4 face shaves (max),usage of them will tell, depending on your hair & skin type.

After the superb shave with the recently acquired Vie Long shave stick i've decided to use the wilkinson sword shave stick,another shaving soap i've hardly gave any attention to,i've forgot how quickly this shave stick creates a lather.Some users will find the scent a little artificial , but it's not unpleasant i personally like it, but YMMV as they say...IMHO it excelled itself way above the 'shaving blue soap bowl' as the stick contains lanolin the bowl doesn't, it's equally as good as the palmolive classic stick the only advantage the palmolive stick over it is the price tag.The post shave feel is amazingly good,due to the added lanolin which my skin rhino skin type adores..However,my only personal small gripe with the stick is, it doesn't last very long compared to my other shave sticks.maybe it's the addition of the lanolin,that has made it softer from other shave sticks.

Second 'head shave' with the gillette ball end tech which i find very comfortable for head shaving really good for reaching the "awkward back of my head blindspot areas",as with every razor i use for head shaving 'if it requires it or not' i rub my fingertips with a alum block which gives a good firm grip without the fear of the razor slipping from my hand whilst shaving my head and slicing my precious swede to pieces...After the shave i rinse the handle with cold water to remove any alum residue.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
2019-08-24

Ikea bowl ¤ SafetyRazors Silvertip ¤ Gillette G2000 + Derby Extra
Lea Cream ¤ Myrsol Emulsión ¤ Boss Bottled EDT

proxy.php

Proraso sandalwood cream
Beard club shavette with astra sp
Random bowl that i found back home
Omega brush
Used an alum block followed by a Nivea sensitive balm and my face has never felt better during my shaving journey for the past 5 months !
IMG_20190824_123704.jpg

Last edited:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0002 - Edited (1).jpg

Saturday 08.24.19 SOTD

Tcheon Fung Sing DiVino Pre & Post Shave Oil
Merkur 37c HD / Astra SP (2)
Vintage Kingsley (Austria) Pure Badger
Chiseled FaceTrade Winds Shaving Soap
Chiseled FaceTrade Winds Aftershave Splash​

24 Aug 19
Razor:
Parker A1R travel
Blade: Rapira platinum lux (3)
Brush: 30mm Yaqi Monster Barber pole Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Arko stick – face lather
Aftershave: Stirling spice AS / Bodyshop Kistna AS balm
Additional Care: Jack Shave spritz
IMG_20190823_213148.jpg

Blackbird OC
Derby Premium Blade
Cold River Schapenmelk Shave Soap
Phoenix Shaving Starcraft Synthetic
Harrys Post Shave Balm
Kramperts Finest Bay Rum

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Sandpiper
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor: Vintage Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler Super Stainless (12)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Ozark Mountain today. 20 seconds to load the John’s Brushes Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless blade still in the Gillette Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Executive Man aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD 20190824 Feather ASD2
by IschiaPP@ilRasoio
•••
Bat71 “Cashmere”
Olive Wood, Abalone Shell Inlay, Yaqi SK07 aka Maggard Beige, 24x50x115mm
---
Frankincense "Giardini La Mortella"
Foro Afeitado 2019 Exclusive IschiaPP
---
Feather ASD2
---
Personna Platinum Chrome Super Stainless #4
---
Mennen "Protective" After Shave (vintage)
•••
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#ForoAfeitado #MyFav​

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Sandpiper" soap / Kent H8 / Merkur Futur / Voskhod / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Sandpiper" splash

IMG-2178.JPG

Top Bottom