Have a great day!

Sunday, 8/23:

20200823_104433.jpg

Razor - Charcoal Goods brass Lvl 2
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Mojo/Rich Man collab #11 26mm S2 Innovator fan
Cream - Art of Shaving Peppermint
A/S - Stirling Eucalyptus Mint

Very nice shave. This fantastic brush features a silvertip/synthetic bristle hybrid knot, and it's pretty unique. It has roughly the softness of silvertip with much more backbone, I think more than a two-band. It still splays decently, and there's a fair amount of scrub, but not overmuch. I'd like it with a couple mm more loft, but it's good as is too. It generated a terrific lather in the bowl, and releases it well. Razor was smooth as anything, but I made a bad stroke on my neck and ended up with a cut that needed styptic. That was the only blemish in a very close, smooth, comfortable shave.

The black bay is developing an almost licorice scent as apposed to a bay or laurel scent. But we're only 2 shaves in on the puck / tub. The ECO and persona blade are an excellent combination imho. DFS today.

IMG_20200823_183800832~3.jpg

The black bay is a strange combo of greens in the tub and does have a green tinge on the brush.

Razor: Schick O Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200822_094911.jpg

My two main blades are the German Wilkinson Sword and the Gillette Platinum. Today I used the Platinum (1st shave on this blade) in my Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor and my Simpson Synthetic Chubby 2 brush on a puck of D.R. Harris Almond shave soap. Followed up with a couple of pumps from the CeraVe A.M. lotion. Superb, long lasting shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom