Kai folding shavette + Feather Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Thayer's rose witch hazel
Penhaligon's Racquets cologne

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd generation-Mfg 1949-53, good blade feel and can deliver a great shave,technique is all about this razor IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, sharp and great longevity.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic- great brush for creating lather with those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=
[IMG]
Great shave with my A.S.R ER streamline 2nd gen.
MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!
ER_Streamline 1 (2).png

Some more information on the Streamlines!

I'm not familiar with it, what's the scent like?
A classic from the mid 80's. You are asking the wrong person for a scent description, but I will say this... it is strong, but in a good way. Too much and you might offend, but once you get the correct application, many compliments are sure to follow. It will stay with you all day or night.

This from Fragrantica (if you look it up on Fragrantica.com, there are many reviews from more knowledgable people)...

It is a Chypre fragrance. Top notes artemisia, lime, basil and lemon. Mid notes are carnation, orris root, caraway and rose. Base notes are leather, patchouli, oak moss and castoreum.

I couldn't tell you what some of these scents are or what top, middle and base notes are in relation to the scent. Only that I had a woman (Avon rep), buy me a bottle of this juice back in 1989 when I was working on a cruise ship for a week. She was fond of the product... on me. I have enjoyed it since with fond memories of the Norwegian Princess. :thumbup:

SOTD-G_2020-08-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
ASL: Proraso Red

Another excellent shave courtesy of my superb kit. :cornut:

I've finally decided that Lo Storto Originale is the best DE Razor on the planet. Fatip have got the "twist" just right, and that along with their "best-on-the-planet-bar-none" OC tooth design make it a true winner.

Hey Rave (@Raven Koenes B&B's Fatip Ambassador), what about arranging a precision made stainless steel model? I know you can do it! You got them to make the slant after all. I for one would gladly pay ten times the regular price for that. :yesnod:

DISCLAIMER
Obviously all the opinions above are mine. YMMV :001_tt2:

Monday, 8/17:

20200817_123500.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Elite Razor mesquite burl 24mm 2-band finest
Soap - Grooming Dept Chypre Conifiere
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

OK, and this shave was definitely as close as yesterday's with the Charcoal Goods! Both phenomenal razors. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was today's blade. I didn't find the Nacet smooth at all; the Astras performed a lot better in this razor. Hopefully it will smooth out or it's just a one-off, but even with it being sort of rough, the razor still shaved super close. The Elite Razor regular 2-band knot is incredible. Its backbone is quite strong, but not stiff; instead it's springy, and gives when you need splay but springs right back. The tips are impressively soft as well. Honestly, this feels about as good as the Manchurian 2-band he offers. I will definitely be getting some of these knots to put into handles. The soap scent is really unique: a definite citrus presence, but there's a warm, almost bread-y note that is so unusual. I'm really enjoying the uniqueness of the GD scents; kinda reminds me of B&M. The shave was laid-back and very satisfying.

EAECDB50-012C-4692-B9D4-C8F0A73AB62F.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema wash
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#2)
Soap: Noble Otter Northern Elixer
Post: Alum followed by Noble Otter Northern Elixer aftershave

Well, my first attempt at WTG followed XTG went about as well as could be expected; which is to say, not very. :lol: But, oh my goodness—that soap and aftershave is awesome! From the packaging to the smell to the sweet, sweet cooling sensation in the Florida heat, it was perfect even if my neck isn’t! Will see how it goes tomorrow, but might skip to give my neck a chance to calm down.

Happy shaves!

08/18/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Expedition Soaps - Just face It! Tea Tree and Cedarwood
Crown King Planet 9 Shampoo/Conditioner Puck with Cider Vinegar, Yucca & Manuka
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Lemony Orange Small Batch Artisan Menthol Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Company 24mm x 57mm Boar Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Giesen Forsthoff Adoration 295 Hand Forged Steel 5/8” Straight Razor
Mountain Mike 3” English Bridle Leather Strop
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Lemony Orange Menthol Aftershave Splash
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant
Maggard’s Razor Oil

B IMG_7598.jpg

Tuesday SOTD - A fantastic DFS+ shave while being extra careful!

Today I tried a new shaving cream - Hawkins & Brimble with Elemi & Ginseng. Changed my shaving brush as well and went back to Merkur 34C as I wanted to use a mild razor. The combinations worked really well today!

Pre Shave - Hot Water and face scrub and post that application of Pink Woolf Oudh & Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Brush - Hajamat ash wood handle synthetic brush
Shaving Soap - Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream (tried for the first time today)
Lathering Bowl - Pink Woolf ceramic bowl
Razor - Merkur 34C HD
Blade - Feather blades on 5th use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along will application of alum
After Shave - Axe ultra smooth aftershave balm

Coming to the shaving cream, this is a relatively new company offering shaving products made in England and I had really read great reviews about this cream. I witnessed today that the reviews were not false at all. The cream has a nice barbershop 💈 smell that takes you back to those days when you used to go to a barbershop fro a haircut and the person sitting next to you was enjoying a straight razor BBS shave in the hands of an experienced barber. I used one of the softest brushes and with the weakest backbone and a bowl to see how does the cream lather and damn! The cream lathered extremely well with amazing slickness and was more than enough for my 3 pass shave today.

The second test today was checking if the Feather blade is sharp enough on it’s 5th use with a mild razor and I am very surprised to see Feather performing so well on all three passes even on the 5th use on my coarse stubble. However unless I use an aggressive razor paired with this blade for a 6th run, this blades life looks to be over post today’s use.

The three passes were very smooth and barring couple of nicks here & there I achieved a definite DFS+ shave today. There was considerable feedback from alum on the nicks but otherwise there was minimal feedback and no post shave redness!

The aftershave from Axe though does not give any tingle as there is no menthol in it but really smells awesome and smoothens your shaved face making it super soft.

Next shave is due tomorrow which will be a very cautious one as will be shaving on two consecutive days.

Thank you 🙏🏽
2CDBB58B-A660-485E-8DE3-A72B5BF20FCA.jpeg
1E202AC2-E69B-46DB-8916-334BCCB0D5B8.jpeg
817284BE-3D81-40F1-B18F-BE8CB99EFA20.jpeg
705C2B63-14EB-45BD-86FB-2D998714C824.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
11F147B7-BF9A-417F-8A96-19B9929325E2.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick pucked.
3) USA: Razor Y2 Gillette Black Beauty.
4) Russia: Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk.

Date:- 18 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Squadron Soaps (Australian made) ~ Group Captain's Blend
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Tabac Tuesday 18 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Epic lather from Tabac. Super thick, super creamy and very slick. Scent was alright...lol. A great brush for face lathering.
Shave with one of my fav vintage razor paired with blade was real nice. Smooth as can be, sharpish and comfortable for 3+1 multiple direction passes. No issues at all. Very close result from bbs to dfs.
Icy cold water rinse followed by Thayers ensured a chilling sensation. Soothed by Hyaluronic then fragrance by AV Musk.
Rating 9.5/10
20200818_094028.jpg

20200818_094055.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday‌ ‌08.018.20 ‌SOTD‌
DSCF0007 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘47 Aristocrat Set
NOS Gillette White Thin Blade
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌