Growth: 24h
Pre: Ducha
Brush: Botiho - 24mm silvertip gel
Soap: B&M Seville
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: feather - 3
Passes: 2 - WTG (4), XTG (3)
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), aloe (10), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Changing the Botiho configuration to hold the geo tip knot. Absolutely delightful, firm, confortable and beautifully soft.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

E8FD4B24-20C7-498A-8706-06D8C5B6CBC3.jpeg
New soap today, Sharp Dressed Man by Stirling. So with a scent akin to Creed’s Green Irish Tweed I wanted a razor to match and so the ultra minty 48-50 Gillette Aristocrat was chosen. Lovely razor and a virtual time capsule case and all.
Loaded up with a fresh Gillette Platinum blade...of course.

Lovely scent on this SDM and one that has made the short list of fine scents in the den. As with all Stirling’s soap I have the performance is quite good and the scent phenomenal. Lighter in scent than expected but a very nice one indeed. Chubby 2 had no issues and the wall of Badger was a face lathering dream!

Lovely two pass DFS to start the week. So four new soaps in short order reviewed, much more where that came from on the way!

Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1948-50
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

8/12/19
Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Schick Injector Razor Blade (4)
Osma Alum Block
Sir Irisch Moos
Nivea Post Shave BAlm
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
SOTD8-12-19.jpg

Monday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Coate’s Almond Cream
Razor: Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (10)
Brush: Honey Farm Designs/TGN Premium Silvertip-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Bulgari Blu

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Coate’s Almond Cream today. 10 seconds to load the Honey Farm Designs/TGN Premium Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the Gillette NEW LC. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Blu aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Handsome setup, Bob.

RR Lupo /BIC. Swapped the stock handle for more weight and put a couple coats of wax on the head. Much more enjoyable shave vs stock. Solid 9.0 on the beard, not as efficient on my head where the Enders had more pick ups then expected.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tried the wax trick a couple of days ago and was disappointed that I couldn’t detect any difference. Did you use something special?

Monday shave:
  • Preshave: Proraso White
  • Soap: Proraso White
  • Brush: Zenith Boar B30
  • Razor: Merkur 23C on an iKon bulldog handle
  • Blade: New Feather with one bottom shim
  • After: Nivea sensitive skin balm

I decided to revisit my first safety razor to see if I my technique has gotten any better over time. I originally started shaving with a DE in order to get a closer shave than my electric but didn't want to pay for cartridges. I didn't stay long with the 23C as I could not get as close a shave as I had been getting with the electric and have since moved on to other razors. But what if I have gotten better at shaving? And what if I pimped it up? So I got the 23C out of the drawer, put the head on a solid handle, loaded a new feather blade and then shimmed it for good measure. 3 days growth and off to the races.

The result was pretty good -- a nice comfortable close shave with no complaints from the alum block. I was pretty happy with the results overall; the easy parts were as close as I could hope for but the tricky bits (scarred chin and some weird patterns on my jaw line) were not quite as close as I want.

So tomorrow is back to my regular R48 with the same feather blade (or at least half of it) to see if I really am getting better results on the tricky bits with the Focus.

Tabac Tuesday
proxy.php

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Parker SS Platinum (D1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White 27mm Anodized Bronze
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Oud
Shave Soap: Tabac
Balm: Tabac
Cologne: Tabac

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0005 - Edited (3).jpg

Tuesday 08.13.19 SOTD

Pears Transparent Soap face lather and rinse
Schone OC nickel / Shark SS (1)
Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex Black Boar
Barrister and Mann Barrister's Reserve Spice Shaving Soap
Barrister's Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash​

Razor: Gillette President TTO/PolSilver
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL Blonde badger
Soap/Aftershave: Noble Otter Monarch
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SOTD : 13th August 2019.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face./Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap: OSP Fougere. (Sample)

Blade: Parker~ Premium Platinum. (2)

Razor: Parker 98R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASL + Aftershave Balm.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

I haven't used the parker 98R for a while, this hefty voluptuous indian princess holds no mercy to hair stubble, paired together with the parker p.p. was another winning duo cutting through my stubble effortlessly.

The osp 'Fougere' soap has a great fragrance and provided a slick protective lather in no time ,enough for the full shave with only a small amount required, leaving a superb post shave feel to my face.

Out of all the osp soaps & creams scents i've had the pleasure of shaving with this is my personal fave..A truely fantastic shaving soap.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 13 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Signature
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

The Signature is a very sophisticated scent straight from the tub and pretty strong in the face. The scent is mixed with two different types of Sandalwood, which are Arabian Sandalwood and Tunisian Sandalwood which I'm unable to tell the difference from each scent alone. However, I can smell Tobacco and Bourbon in the background behind the strong Sandalwood is pretty mild, because, both Arabian and Tunisian Sandalwood take over pretty strong in the face.

RazoRock Game Changer 0.84 P with noname Chinese handle
Polsilver Super Iridium
Cella
The Body Shop Brush
Weleda After Shave Balm
proxy.php

Отправлено с моего STF-L09 через Tapatalk

2019-08-13

Ikea bowl ¤ Semogue 2030B ¤ 6/8" Kikuokan 77
Nanny's Ica and a Slice ¤ Lea ASB ¤ GFT Eucris EDT

proxy.php

13 Aug 19