Status
Not open for further replies.
4010FE07-4E68-49B4-9B54-3DAF6898FF06.jpeg

Pre: Stirling Black Cherry (shower)
Brush: Omega Mighty Midget
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Soap: PdP original

Tonight’s shave was a BST special courtesy of @WooDrew’s recent den clearing where I purchased the PdP and the Omega. I definitely did not get the ratios correct on the soap and I felt it, but, man, that PdP balm is the stuff! My favorite balm by a long shot! And the smell—well, let’s just say I hope I can find a cologne with a similar scent profile. It’s amazing!

Tonight was also the night when I start branching out from strictly N-S passes to following the grain of my beard. While I’m getting used to the new pattern I’m keeping it to two WTG passes.

MacaRoot Mon 17 SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Good creamy lather with nice scent and slickness.
Shave with razor paired with blade at setting 9 for 3+1 multiple passes was good. Smooth, comfortable and almost no blade feel. This razor has been long ignored. Am pleased with the performance and the bbs to dfs result.
Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and MacaRoot Aloe Gel felt great. Rating 9.3/10
20200817_131802.jpg

20200817_132351.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd generation-Mfg 1949-53, good blade feel and can deliver a great shave,technique is all about this razor IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, sharp and great longevity.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic- great brush for creating lather with those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Great shave with my A.S.R ER streamline 2nd gen.

MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Preshave: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette New LC with a gold fat handle from a tech
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless
Brush: AOS Synthetic "cheapo"
Cream: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Really finding myself grabbing open combs as of late. I'll go back to my Techs eventually, granted I used my fat handle with the New (couldn't resist). Good shave, my "menthol Monday".
Is that a thing here?

I will stop being shy and start taking photos...eventually...

SOTD : 18th August 2020.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Semogue 1438.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Soap : (Modern) Williams Mug Shaving Soap.

Blade: Tiger Platinum. (3)

Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version.)

Wilko ~ Men's Aloe Moisturiser.

Greetings,

I haven't used the Williams Mug Shaving soap for a while and have forgotten how a good slick protective lather can be achieved from it with added time and patience.

My method of using it is a five minute bloom in tepid or cold water, either gives the same results. Next pore the bloom water over the tips of my damp brush then mix for 2 minutes until i get it to the consistancy i like.

I find williams & other hard soaps such as MWF, Scottish Fine shaving soap,+ Tabac work best when using them on a regular use.

My fondness for this classic old school in-expensive shaving soap grows with each shave..The post shave feel it delivers is superb.

I've yet to have the pleasure of trying the vintage Williams which i assume will be even better.

My vintage Gillette ball end tech performed with excellence and paired up wonderfully with the Tiger Platinum resulting in a comfortable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Aloe Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tuesday August 18th, 2020
Razor : '40s Gillette Super Speed
Blade : Gillette Platinum
Brush : Ever Ready 100T with Plisson Knot
Pre : Barbasol Extra Moisturizing
Soap : Arko
Post : Thayer's Coconut Water and 50/50 blend of Skin Bracer and Osage

IMG_20200818_111907.jpg

Stirling Soap is just ridiculously fantastic...every time I use it!

Yes, it really is! You always hear "value" mentioned in conjunction with Stirling, but take price out of it, and it still displays all the qualities of a pretty high-end lather, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom