What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 10th - August 16th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - Sunday 16 August 2020

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino / Koraat - Leonardo da Vinci - 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Olivewood - 2.0 - 28mm Fan (Manchurian Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Olivewood
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - Beta 4.1
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - Splash

A Viking Blade TTO Adjustable with a Lord Blade on the face and the Leaf Shave triple edge with Astra blades for the dome
Brush is Colonel Conks boar brush
Bowl is from Viking Revolution
Soap is Colonel Conk Lime
Aftershave is Arko Platinum and Duke Cannon face lotion

Attachments

• Shave 816.jpg
    Shave 816.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 13
Sunday SOTD - Independence Day Special - A Relaxing BBS+ shave with 100% Made In India Products!

Hello friends! For all those who are not aware yesterday we Indian’s celebrated 74th Independence Day. Such days are a moment of pride and patriotism for any country and their citizen. Hence, as a tribute to the great motherland that has given me so much I felt like paying a tribute by making my Sunday Shave with all 100% Made In India products. While I had choice of many like Trigodon, Axe Denim Shaving cream manufactured locally in India etc. I choose Pink Woolf because of few reasons:

1. Pink Woolf markets quality products that provide you a luxurious feeling yet not being very heavy on pocket thereby making their products accessible to the commoners
2. They market all products that are made 100% in India by the manufacturers falling under Small and Medium Industry segment (SMEs) there by enabling sustainability to such organisations
3. The shaving soap used today is the latest product I had received last week and hence thought of using this brand new product
4. Since I already possessed the pre shave and after shave of same fragrance decided to use them in a combination

Pre Shave - Hot Towel Spa pre and post application of Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Pre Shave Oil
Brush - Pink Woolf Boar Hair Brush with 25 mm knot
Shaving Soap - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Shaving Soap
Razor - Parker Variant Satin Chrome Finish
Blade - Gillette 7 o’clock Super Platinum (black one) on 4th use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along will application of alum
After Shave - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera cooling Aftershave Balm

Coming to the shave, I shaved in the afternoon post shower today. The 48 hours old stubble was further made softer by a lavish 10 minutes hot towel spa before and after applying the pre shave oil. The new soap lathered extremely well on face lathering and enabled supreme razor glide while offering enough slickness.

Today I did a 2 pass shave (WTG + ATG)+ a little touch up. The first pass was done with the razor set at 2.5. The Gillette blacks are so good blades they nearly cleaned up everything right in the first pass itself. The balance was cleaned extremely well in the second pass and the following touch up in the chin area.

Is there any term called BBS+ in shaving dictionary? If yes I guess I achieved that today as this is the best shave I have had from the time I returned to wet shaving 5 years ago. The face feels super duper soft, there was no nicks or cuts and the alum gave very little feedback. The matching fragrance of Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera aftershave calmed my face and the soothing smell calmed the senses while providing ample moisture to make my face look supple and smooth.

Felt very content with today’s shave and definitely a perfect note to end the weekend.

Next shave is due on Tuesday where a few products will definitely change so already looking forward :straight::love-struck:
Thank you 🙏🏽 and enjoy the Sunday!
B52CE80D-22A5-4A90-8788-E8DC5967E3D6.jpeg
0644C6A1-6562-486C-A9BC-563DB41B7D92.jpeg
18BBD7AC-CC91-4BDA-8FFE-540DCE4F2CCD.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
What resin is that?!
The brush was released in limited numbers for the opening of a shop in Palermo called 'Worldhair Vintage' on 1st December 2018 in conjunction with Goodfellas Smile; the shop is now closed I believe. The example I have was sold to me as being 'Murano Ruby' resin but I my box simply states 'Faux Ruby'.

20200506_122526.jpg

There were also 50 limited edition Chubby 2 synthetic brushes released at the same event:

LOCANDINA_PALERMO.jpg

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette French Brown (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Reuzel Woods & Spice Aftershave Splash
Scent: Tabac EdC

There is a very good reason why Tabac has stood the test of time and is so revered by wet shavers - its performance is reliably excellent.

Had almost a week off from shaving but had a nice shave yesterday after a long week.

Parker Variant razor
Astra Superior Stainless blade (1)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
PAA The Beach soap
Shavemac Tie-Die 25mm silver tip badger fan brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Fine Platinum aftershave
IMG_20200815_180844177.jpg

0922D27B-9A32-4C4A-BF51-5E4C1323688F.jpeg

Blackbird
Feather
Stirling Boar
Stirling MITA (seconds)
B&M Unscented AS

Finally getting around to trying MITA after seeing that Stirling was liquidating a batch too lightly scented and the jars were selling at a price too good to pass up. The boar was an impulse because I was going to use the handle for another project. That said, the brush was fun to use right out of the box and the soap performed, and smelled, great! It might be time to revisit boar brushes ;)

Happy Sunday

The brush was released in limited numbers for the opening of a shop in Palermo called 'Worldhair Vintage' on 1st December 2018 in conjunction with Goodfellas Smile; the shop is now closed I believe. The example I have was sold to me as being 'Murano Ruby' resin but I my box simply states 'Faux Ruby'.

View attachment 1140674

There were also 50 limited edition Chubby 2 synthetic brushes released at the same event:

View attachment 1140675

Very cool! Thanks!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Aug 16th 2020

Razor: Stick Schick injector, type L theme series of different L injectors- Mfg 1973 mild razor & it does a nice job.
Blade: Schick twin ll injector blade- A very sharp and smooth blade with a history of longevity.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, black whiskers- nice brush for a scrub and splays nicely with soft tips.Boar feel IMO!
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.(not much to shave after yesterdays close shave!)
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave with my Stick Schick injector with Twin ll blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Aug 16th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

Last edited:
Sunday, 8/16:

20200816_100500.jpg

Razor - Charcoal Goods brass Lvl 2
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Leonidam "Molten Amber" 28mm HD 2-band badger fan
Soap - Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

This shave was pure luxury. I haven't used a Charcoal Goods in months and I forgot how freaking good it is. Wow was that smooth. The resulting shave is definitely as close as the closest shaves I've gotten from the Wolfman. Glass-smooth and super clean look, just fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom