SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 10th - August 16th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillette Toggle (On Loan) & Gillette Platinum
Graydog 26mm 2 band Badger/Chechen
Grooming Dept. Ingress
Nivea Vanilla & Bourbon a/s Lotion
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male eau de toilette

An incredibly good shave with the Toggle, again. Went full tilt at #9 and it was a banger. A tremendous piece of mechanical ingenuity and functional art. Heck of a razor. Great day and shaves to all....
D52AC831-16C8-422F-A2B4-604B6C4C004E.jpeg

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Personna Injector
Razor2: Gillette Old Type head on fat Tech handle
Blade2: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200815_075959.jpg

SOTD SUNDAY AUGUST 16, 2020

My shave today was identical to yesterday’s with two equipment changes. I swapped out the Feather Proguard AC for a Feather Super AC in the Kai Kamisori Clone. And secondly I changed the handle back to the original aluminum one. With the Feather Super loaded, I was able to achieve a bloodless face and neck VBBS with no need for safety razor cleanup. Tom’s Torqued razor (TTR) delivered the same level of shave to my head, albeit with two tiny nicks on the back of my dome. Proraso Styptic Gel easily took care of things leaving me feeling clean, velveteen and cool!

RAZOR: Kai Kamisori Clone (Mug), Tom’s Torqued Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys WH andOsage Rub. Finished with Chiseled Face Natural Menthol AS Splash

3172D975-12AE-466D-85D5-FFC691FDF2B4.jpeg

SOTD : 15th August 2020.

View attachment 1140134

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.

Blade: Tiger Platinum.(1)

Razor : Parker 98R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender Eucalyptus,+Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the Tiger Platinum blade which was another great match with my hefty parker 98r mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

The EJ limes & pomegranate shaving cream created a slick protective lather in a short space of time.

A very enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Parker 98R is a very good razor .. it also works for me

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley. ~Robert Burns

Unfixed Five SOTD #1

SOTD-K_2020-08-16.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
ASL: Proraso Red

An excellent shave. :cornut:

Well, I managed 11 shaves (and 29 days!) of fixed four. As much as I was enjoying the new Gillette Tech, I was pining for Lo Storto.
This may have something to do with all the Lo Storto Originale love going on around here lately. :001_rolle

At least I'm happy that I can easily get great shaves with the Gillette Tech now, so that's one mission accomplished.

My Olive Wood custom razor handle is definitely my all time favorite. The Lo Storto handle is the best metal handle I own (IMO) but my olive wood baby just pips it to the post by a narrow margin.

SUMMARY
The above "five" are my current "all time favorites." I wonder how long I'll stick with them? I guess being happy with the ones you love along with the constant urge for adventure is all part of our ongoing training in cognitive dissonance. :letterk1:

Preshave: Proraso Red
Razor: Wade and Butcher open comb DE
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: AOS Synthetic
Cream: Proraso White
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Blade felt a little scratchy yesterday but glad I didn't toss it yet, today's shave was silky smooth. I'm generally a minimalist/cheap shaver, but I've been pampering myself with pre-shave, bowl lathering, and my open comb for the past week. I'm really glad I tried a Gillette Platinum in my W&B, as they make a great pair. No nicks, no irritation, and my shave was as close as I can get it without going ATG.

My one complaint today was that I used Proraso Red pre-shave instead of my normal Green. I've been saving my container of Red for when the weather starts cooling down, but chose to use it today for the heck of it. I missed the scent/feel of the Green. It's not quite Red season yet for me, though I've been yearning for the weather cooldown of autumn.

I don't normally shave at night but today has been an exceptionally lazy Sunday. All I've been doing all day is lounging around binge watching Ozark and making lunch and then dinner. So I decided I needed to take a shower and realized I had not shaved in a few days so.....

RazoRock 400 Butterscotch handle with noir knot
Creek Road Pottery lather bowl
Musgo Real Amber Orange cream
Gillette Old Type head on RazoRock Barberpole handle
Gillette Silver Blue blade
Osma alum
T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel
Fine L'Orange Noir

3 full passes and a nice BBS shave.

Last edited:
Sunday 8-16-2020
Pre- Every man jack Face Wash
Razor - Tnnser-3d
Blade - CVS SE
Brush - C3S400 custom 3d stubby 400 with Maseto Boar I designed and printed
Soap - Pre de Provence No.63
Pre-Post - Alum Block
Post - Humphreys Witch Hazel
AS - Plain Alcohol Splash
Post Post - Gold Bond Refresh 360

IMG_20200816_200338.jpg

This was my first use of the PdP 63 and also my first use of the tnnser 3d .
The soap lathered okay but not the best since I haven't got it dialed in yet. The shave was a little rough but I think it might have been the blade I used. Next time I will try a different razor and blade with the soap until I get it figured out.. I did have several weepers but I guess that was to be expected. My face did have quite a bit of irritation which became obvious when i applied the alum and the alcohol splash.. Overall it was a pretty good shave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom