What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 10th - August 16th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...I wished my dad showed me. On the other hand, I would have accumulated much more shave gears and will need 5x my current shave den size...😁😁
You can still add on, you now have an excuse of leaving a legacy of wet shaving for your son 😀 also the fact remains that as we age we realise the nostalgia of vintage things, your son will also appreciate and realise once he starts loving the wet shaving regime and as he grows 😊

8/15/20
Martin de Candre
Muhle 31K 256 Silver Tip Fiber
11/16 Chaussis Torpedo #270
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Osma Alum Block
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD8-15-20.jpg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, AUGUST 15, 2020

RAZOR: Kai Captain Kamisori Clone (Mug) Tom’s Torqued Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Proguard (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Chiseled Face Natural Menthol AS Splash

2D6F7BFA-CA5F-42A5-A918-23AE1D2CB0AA.jpeg

Phoenix Shaving | Mega Flora
Phoenix Shaving - The Green Ray | Tribble Synthetic
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

proxy.php

As its name would suggest, Mega Flora is a natural, herbaceous, green fragrance. While it's clearly in the classic aromatic fougère league, this doesn't begin to tell the whole story. Mega Flora is a complex and tranquil scent that's familiar but otherworldly at the same time. It opens with a controlled spicy sweet floral that immediately dives into a crisp cool crushed conifer essence. This phase approaches camphor, eucalyptus, or even minty characteristics without ever truly settling in and is devoid of any chemical or medicinal traits. Building upon this hyper-green, cool stage, the fragrance acquires a more familiar woody lavender that becomes more ligneous as damp green pine and then finally traditional earthy oakmoss. The matching splash indeed matches the soap, but with the expected increased depth of fragrance. The dry down grassy nuance is more apparent and the tonka bean seems to reemerge towards the end.

Mega Flora is artfully blended such that no single note particularly stands out, nor does it stay in its corner. The synthesis of alien and familiar is akin to a completely organic intergalactic vessel having taken up residence in a evergreen forest. This one must be experienced to be believed.

Date:- 16 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice
Tonight Tipple:- Penfolds Kalimna Bin 28 Shiraz 2017

Book 20 of 21.
proxy.php

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Karve D O/C
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (D7)
Brush: WildWestBrushworks 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Prohibition Style
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: RazoRock XXX Original
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
598C5F22-6E5C-4596-A635-82A2F3A17702.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick pucked.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flare Tip.
4) Egypt: Blade Shark Super Chrome.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.

SOTD : 16th August 2020.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 49.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Frankenlather : Arko Sensitive + Erasmic Shave Cream.

Blade: Tiger Platinum. (2)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Bearglove ASL Spray.

Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last added the Arko sensitive cream to my shave set ups combined together with Erasmic cream created a superb Frankenlather leaving a wonderful post shave feel to my mature skin.

Over the past few months out of all the razors that i've re-acquainted myself with the baili BD177 has totally amazed me how much of a incredibly good razor it is, each and every shave that i've had with this super-speed clone has been consistently good. Today was no exception.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 16 Last of Shark Week Shave!!
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Sharp JAWS Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman BayRum
Another top rated soap. Excellent scent, really love this scent...lasting too. Load from tub and face lather with the nice brush. Soft but enough backbone and really comfortable handle. Lather thickness, creaminess and slickness outstanding!!
Shave with the vintage razor paired with blade was surprisingly nice. Smooth and comfortable but yet sharpish. Didn't feel the blade much. 3+1 multiple passes result in a BBS feel. Icy water rinse feels terrific followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and VIBR. Rating 9.5/10
Despite the smoothness...going atg on the neck causes some creepers. With that many JAWS circling...bound to be some nibbles...luckily, after 1 week, no big bites...I guessed can trust sharks and JAWS...after all 😅 😅
This Sharp JAWS Platinum blade has been a revelation..
20200815_221607.jpg

20200816_132757.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom