5633733D-465F-4162-86A5-9158E35E5819.jpeg

Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Simpson T1 Trafalgar
Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Merkur
Aftershave: Proraso Blue

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 15th, 2020- Very Inexpensive shave with this gear, with great results.

Razor: Razorock old type open comb - Mfg 2015> nice mild open comb and even nicer with a Kai SS blade to pick it up a notch for efficiency.
Blade: KAI SS (7) still testing longevity out of this blade, excellent blade and is .009 thousands wider than a standard blade.
Soap: Italian barber Amici - nice mild citrus grapefruit scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- my favorite for creating lather and cloud like soft tips- excellent brush.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave :001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my RR Old type OC & Kai & blade.

DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 15th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Saturday, 8/15:

20200815_102310.jpg

Razor - Gillette '55 Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade - Lord Platinum
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "LP" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Murphy & McNeil Garda Siochana
A/S - OneBlade balm

Terrific shave! I've been hitting the Wolfman all week, so I thought I'd give this excellent Gillette some love for a bit of a milder shave. I love the Flare Tip. Great balance & grip, and an awesome shave on the milder side that still has some efficiency. The soap is a light floral that is not too "flowery", definitely something I could use again and again. I'm really impressed with M&M, scent and performance-wise. Every one has been a winner. A superb lather gave the blade, which is actually pretty darn good, an easy layer to cruise through. Maybe the best shave I've gotten with this razor; it feels almost as good as the Wolfman shaves I've been getting. Clean, smooth, refreshed!

Congratulations passing this on from generation to generation is the only way to keep this tradition alive. I am thankful to my dad that he let me begin my shave with a DE razor and alum block and taught me how to get this done! Can understand your emotions well.
Thanks...I wished my dad showed me. On the other hand, I would have accumulated much more shave gears and will need 5x my current shave den size...😁😁

H&S P076 Ti DC vs my reference, Shake Sharp Mk1.0 (1945). Fresh Nacet in the H&S, two (yes two) of the same in the Shake Sharp.

My scale is packed but the combination of Bakelite and brass in the Shake Sharp yields a weight reasonably close to the titanium H&S.

Two passes on my neck, the H&S has the more aggressive feel than the ultra smooth Shake Sharp, both are exceedingly efficient, no real perceived difference between them. H&S handling is preferred going N to S here.

ATG pass on my head and the difference becomes clearer, the Shake Sharp feels more stable as it cuts through the coarsest stubble on the crown on the left side. The H&S has a bit of a harder time on the right (the two sides are a bit different). I do the final pick-up there with the Shake Sharp. Close call but edge to the old favorite but some of that may be familiarity.

Soap today (Grooming Essentials) was very nice, used way too much given these two razors don't need a relather on the cabeza.

I'll switch sides tomorrow.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

🦈🦈🦈🦈SHARK WEEK 🦈🦈🦈🦈

Razor: Gillette 1940s Gold Tech handle + Old Type head
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care: