Blade: Schick (D3)
Brush: Shavemac 23mm D02 Buffalo Horn
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: L&L Grooming Unconditional Surrender
Balm: Thayers Rose Petal
Aftershave Toner: L&L Grooming Unconditional Surrender

Well I really wanted something tropical or at least more Summerish. So it was a toss up between CBL Ghost Pineapple or Stirling Weekend in Malibu. WiM by a slight margin. It really is a great scent with some coconut, pineapple and all sorts of other tropical notes. If Malibu smells this good I can see why you would want to hang out there!

Razor of the day is the Colonial General SS SE. decided to try a new blade today from a sampler I got awhile back. Up until now it has been Schick Proline AC or Feather AC. So today I tried out the Kai Captain Original. Very enjoyable and put them on par with the Feather for sharpness but a tad smoother. The Proline is still the smoothest I have used and it is a joy to use. Got a bunch more to try!

The brush today is special and it comes from Wild West Brushworks. It’s called the “Kingston” for obvious reasons. I was quite proud to use it on our last trip to Jamaica. Derek Wheeler and his family lost their home and workshop to a fire right before Christmas 2019. Such a great guy. Hope you’re safe and back on your feet soon!

Three pass BBS shave. Topped it off with the matching WiM AS and some English Laundry Tahitian Waters EDP. Well my face smells like it’s on vacation. Until we meet again Mai Tai!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Kai Captain Original
Brush: Wild West Brushworks 24mm Boss - Kingston
Lather: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Aftershave: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry Tahitian Waters
View attachment 1084258

It is sad what happened to Derek and his family. I still talk to him and last time I spoke to him he told me they are doing good. Things are moving along with rebuilding the house. He also told me he started pouring blanks again.

I am excited to see him make brushes again. I'm also glad for all of the support he has received. I sent him a friodur and the NOS Tripoli razor that I shared a long time ago. He is enjoying being able to wet shave. In talking to him he lost all of his gear. A lot of the people who won on the drawing in december sent their prizes to him. I was amazed to see how generous this community is.

proxy.php

Been busy as hell, hadn't shaved for 4 days, was nice to scrape it.

70th is awesome, Blackbird OC excels at multi day growth, and that Lowborn is a great handle. Envy white knot perfect blend of backbone and softness.

10/10

I love lowborn brushes. I currently have 4 and have one more being held for me to buy it. I hope the owner decides to make brushes again. It's a shame he stopped. He really has a gift for making brushes. I cant wait to get a knot for the newest lowborn handle I have. I'm waiting to unveil it till I get a knot in it. I need a good 2band or silvertip knot. What is hurting is I cant find a decent one that I can afford right now.

Today's Turkish Thursday Shave;
  • Timeless Bronze (OC and SB)
  • Derby Premium (4)
  • Arko Fresh Shave Cream
  • VdH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Zenith M1
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Arko Fresh AS/EdC
  • Duke Cannon Ice Cold ASB
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Urban Lumber Jack Eucalyptus Mint Deodorant
  • Clubman Original Body Powder
[IMG]

[IMG]

Date:- 09 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD : 9th April 2020.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Unbranded turkish Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Frankensoap/Uber/Superlather : Arko Derby,& Palmolive Classic shave stick endings + Derby Lemon Shaving cream.

Blade: Astra SP .(4)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Last use of the astra sp blade, on it's fourth outing which paired together with the baili bd177 wonderfully, another great duo with no signs of dulling still feeling smooth cutting through my stubble with effortless ease.

Today i fancied a turkish theme shave so i went for my Arko Derby & Palmolive Classic shave stick endings Arko & Derby lemon shaving cream,which i've only a few more shaves left in the tube a wonderful concoction that i haven't used for a while resulting in another slick protective super lather.

The only thing i over did it with the ratio quantities,"yet again"resulting in having enough lather left over for another three shaves.

A enjoyable 3 pass+ pick ups acceptable silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive cooling PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom