SOTD
Yates hyb Stando handle
GD Mumtaz
Shavemac Beehive
Astra Keramik

20210411_090425.jpg

3F3A2C99-C9BE-4DD1-AC65-14FDA61F7D46.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, APRIL 11, 2021

Woke up to a dreary, overcast day. The only remedy is, of course, a great shave, as I continue to work through my favorite seven day set. Next in the rotation is the Wade & Butcher 7/8. This old razor really holds an edge. Three slow passes with the first of my LE MrEE brushes resulted in a superb mug shave. The hybrid knot on this brush laid down the expected slick, MWF lather carpet, allowing the baby to be put to bed. The Rex Ambassador wide open performed equally as well on the dome in two ATG passes. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Alt-Innsbruck AS Splash.

SOTD, Sunday, April 11, 2021

Great 2-pass shave.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Razorock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (3)
Brush: DS Cosmetic 26mm Burgundy knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Razor: AutoStrop Valet VC4 Modified for GEM Blade
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - modified (4)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap - Unscented
Aftershave: Stirling - Grapefruit with Menthol

ED1D04DE-17C9-47AE-96FA-64A08019827F.jpeg

Not like the Valet grandpa used!
This is my VC4 AutoStrop that has been heavily modified to only accept GEM type SE blades. It will no longer accept Valet or Feather blades. Don’t worry, I still have another undebauched VC4.
Although I believe the VC4 to be the mildest shaver of the Valet family, this modified version is now one of the mildest razors I own. For some reason, the modification process narrowed the blade gap. It now seems to shave best held completely flat against my face. You would think that’s way to shallow, but it still gives audible feedback that it’s clearing whiskers. I did find it harder to obtain a BBS though, especially on my soft, pliable neck skin. Much the same problem I always encountered with my EJ DE86.

Besides having to readjust my technique to the modification, the shave went well. I’m nice and smooth with no post shave irritations. My first ever splash of mentholated grapefruit...pretty neat. I’ll definitely use it during the hot summer.

Pay no attention to the Valet AutoStrop cigar cutter...it’s just a prop.
Cool prop.

Sat SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Paladin PK47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Versace The d
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A good shave with a great brush and razor. With the CC bowl and PK47 brush some incredibly rich, slick lather.

20210411_133846-01-01.jpeg

SOTD (101/2021)
11-04-2021

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Ariana and Evans ~ Pamplemousse
Razor: Mühle R41 GS
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (6)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Ariana and Evans ~ Kaizen.

Greetings,

For today's shave I repeated my setup of yesterday, but instead of shaving with the Karve OC "D" plate I opted for Mühle's R41 GS. Both razors provided an ultra close & dramafree bbs shave. The shave with the Karve appeared to be smoother due to the reduced blade feel, but the crown for the closest shave goes with the GS. I wonder if a shave with the Karve OC "E" or "F" plate would equal the shave results but keeping the smoothness...?

Have a great Sunday, y'all!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, April 11th 2021

Razor: Schick injector E type, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's & 40's, excellent mid range and a joy to work around the face, lightweight and so some minor pressure might be needed at times.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10) very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely.
Soap: Speick, scent is a little spicy with excellent lather qualities, I like this hard triple milled soap.
Brush: New Yaqi boar brush- 1st use lathering face, it shed some hairs prior with my break in method and I had a very good lathering with this brush today IMO. Breaking in a NEW Boar brush a little quicker! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/breaking-in-a-new-boar-brush-a-little-quicker.606032/#post-11212958
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector E2 type with a Personna injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, April 11th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

BRUSH: Semogue Torga C5 boar (24 / 50 mm)
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat (long term bloomed)
RAZOR: YUMA (Treet, "Black Beauty")
A/S: Alum: Floid Vigoroso
COMMENT: These days I am exploring the Treet "Black Beauty" blade in different razors, and I have to say I am growing increasingly fond of this blade -- although initially I did not like it at all ...! It's gives me a really smooth shave, as long as I don't re-use it many times. At the going price, I can afford to just use a blade once.
The humble YUMA razor is an overlooked gem, I think. Selling at 2 Euros (!), it's a really beautiful razor. It's very agressive, but although the blade looks horribly misaligned in it, it gives an incredibly close shave. Like the Muhle R41, it is not a razor I would use every day in consideration of my skin. I find the YUMA as agressive as the R41, but smoother. I will reach for the YUMA on par with the R41 when I want a super close shave, and/or just enjoy the aesthetics of this beautiful little Turkish shaver.

yuma.jpg

PSX_20201017_080818.jpg

Razor: Schick E1 Butterscotch handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Status