What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" April 5th - April 11th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
F3BE7AE1-F9F0-4CFC-8AD3-DB333AEE4419.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, April 8th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84, MFG 2018> excellent <Mid range, easy to maneuver on the face, results great.
Blade: Kai SS (2) extra wide blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity, pairs well with my RR GC .84 for extra blade feel.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice fresh citrus scent, great lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, good scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush was whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel + Nivea refreshing aftershave lotion + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irrition + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + a Kai SS Blade.
DE SOTD , Thur, April 8th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Thurs texturei.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Uomo Da Vinci 293
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
GSB
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’ Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
This week I switched to AoS Sandalwood, tallow formula. I have just a small amount of soap left. However, this hard soap will last a long time even if it is just a bit left. The 293 did it’s usual good job. A great shave.

E87B2F12-36F5-4916-9965-13FD92C6E8B5.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, APRIL 8, 2021

Today's shave featured what is rapidly becoming my favorite straight razor, “Bone Mosaic”, a SanMai pattern-welded Damascus blade with a 1095 forge welded edge. The edge on this razor is just amazingly sharp and buttery smooth. When coupled with the 22mm blue resin handle I had laying around that my son made and gave me, mounted with a Silvertip Badger knot from the Golden Nib, there were great things in the offing. The brush paired beautifully with my regular MWF and effortlessly generated gobs of lather. The resulting leisurely three pass mug shave was a true pleasure.

I decided to return to the razor model I shaved with for almost 50 years, the Schick Krona, for my dome shave. Although the original model gave up the ghost several years ago, I’ve managed to collect multiple versions since of which this Gold Centennial Edition is my favorite. The Schick Krona is a surprisingly efficient shaver, at least for me! Whenever I shave with it, it sort of feels like coming home. The two pass ATG noggin shave felt like automatic pilot until I removed the top of a bump, easily managed with Proraso styptic gel. Despite that I feel oh-so-smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi’s “Bone Mosaic” 7/8 (Mug), Schick Krona Gold Centennial Edition
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG Blue Resin Handled Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse withHumphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte After Shave & Cologne.

20210408_152124-01.jpeg
SOTD (098/2021)
08-04-2021

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Simpsons Milk Churn
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Gillette Tech Fat Handle (England)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man AS.

A nice and smooth 3 pass shave with the 1940's Gillette Tech (made in England). DFS.

Have a great day, y'all!

- Brush: Simpson M7 Best
- Razor: 70’s Gillette Tech with a Razorock SS Halo handle
- Blade: KAI (3)
- Soap: B&M Oceana
- Aftershave: B&M Oceana Balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Excellent shave. A Gillette Tech with a heavier SS handle and a sharp blade like KAI, Feather or BIC pretty much guarantees a great shave. 👍

8564FD57-4AF0-4173-AF9E-38D6EF32D5D5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom