Tuesday, April 6th
proxy.php

Pre- Nivea face, cold water and Proraso green
Brush Semogue boar
Mithchell’s wool fat soap
1961 Gillette 195
Gillette 7 O’clock
Post- Thayers, B&M Spice AS and Nivea post

Got a package in yesterday from Bullgoose which was the soap, brush, razors and AS. Was apprehensive about the Mitchell’s as it’s my first time using it and the chatter I’ve heard about how hard it is to lather. Well, no problems and wow what a fantastic soap!
Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, April 6th 2021, A.S.R shave today.

Razor: Everready 1914- Mfg 1914-17, one of the best mid range razors that uses a Gem blade, great audio feedback, excellent results with this razor 95%> of the time. Easy razor to work the face + no blade tap overhang.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely and very predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irish country side, excellent soap, mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + great scrubber + excellent painter and the handle is great for large handed folks.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my ER 1914 + coated Gem blade.

SE SOTD, April 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Tues SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
PAA Big Shave S’West
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Personna Israeli Re
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A beautiful day in Chandler, AZ to go along with a great shave. As usual, the ATT S-1 delivers.

Razor: Gem G-Bar SE, 1958
Blade: Personna Gem (3)
Brush: Thater 4125 Fan-Knot, 24mm

Soap: Queen Charlotte Soaps, Vetiver

RazoRock Acquatico Aftershave Splash
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Correction

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Meta4/Kai (1)/MDC. Third shave with the new PAA razor and I'm not liking it much. No blade feel and awfully mild, and I can't help but compare it to the delightful Prismatic which it shaves like not a bit. I thought the wee additional exposure offered by the Kai blade might help but not much. Halfway through my head shave I popped the Kai in the Shake Sharp and smiled again at a shave well done.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

20210405_085630.jpg

This particular Progress was all caked with soap when I bought it for around twenty bucks. I have purchased razors which are over a century in age, but this was by far the filthiest! It has a hairline crack in the handle but otherwise cleaned up well. I started my shave on two, but quickly moved the setting knob to the three position. I was rewarded with a very close and comfortable shave with no stubble remaining after my usual three passes. I have always admired the looks of this classic razor and now I can confirm that it shaves as good as it looks!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom