What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" April 5th - April 11th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic tropical shave on a sunny spring day

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (2)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress - EVO Deluxe” with 26mm High Mountain White (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Lime Zest
Post-shave:
• Omega Alum Stick
• Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Splash
• Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Balm

36E81C11-AF75-47E0-89C8-81C8503AD3CE.jpeg

Tue 6th SE SOTD
Soap L'Occitane Cade 1st Use With thanks to a kind member in another forum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC brass
Blade Shick Proline P-30 1st With thanks to a kind member in a UK forum
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic
Interesting soap. Quite easy to load, very light pleasant scent, kinda airy type but wow...the lather is really slick...
Shave with razor paired with another Proline blade this time from another kind member in the UK forum. Quite good...smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Somehow I still prefer the guarded AC blades. The Stirling Witchhazel as AS is terrific! Rating 9.6/10
20210405_220145.jpg

20210406_064249.jpg

SOTD : 6th April 2021.

75.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D3)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm./Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Greetings,

A early morning returning to work shave after been furloughed since early December 2020...I'm now on permanent dayshift for the foreseeable future, and for the next 5-6 weeks the returning furloughed workers are on a 3 day 8 hour shift rota due to covid-19 UK working regulations. So this week i work for the next two days then I am off until the following Monday!...Anyway it'll be good for me to get back into the swing of things and have some real interaction with my fellow workers face to face rather than talking to them on the phone, text and emails... At least i have a job until i get myself something with more stability. The extra days off will give me a opportunity to look for something better...Even though everyone i work with are in the same frame of mind but, you have speculate to accumulate and get off your arse and find it.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
FCA593EE-EFE5-497F-9108-227754686EA2.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Figaro Shaving Cream.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk Cologne.

SOTD, Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Razorock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Maggard Silver Tip Badger
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Stetson
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOTD : 6th April 2021.

View attachment 1247294

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D3)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm./Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Greetings,

A early morning returning to work shave after been furloughed since early December 2020...I'm now on permanent dayshift for the foreseeable future, and for the next 5-6 weeks the returning furloughed workers are on a 3 day 8 hour shift rota due to covid-19 UK working regulations. So this week i work for the next two days then I am off until the following Monday!...Anyway it'll be good for me to get back into the swing of things and have some real interaction with my fellow workers face to face rather than talking to them on the phone, text and emails... At least i have a job until i get myself something with more stability. The extra days off will give me a opportunity to look for something better...Even though everyone i work with are in the same frame of mind but, you have speculate to accumulate and get off your arse and find it.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.[emoji41]
Congrats on your move back towards employment. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

20210405_104107-01.jpeg

SOTD (096/2021)
06-04-2021

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm Synthetic
Soap: Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Rocket HD
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (10)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS .

Have a nice day, y'all!

Tue 6th SE SOTD
Soap L'Occitane Cade 1st Use With thanks to a kind member in another forum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC brass
Blade Shick Proline P-30 1st With thanks to a kind member in a UK forum
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic
Interesting soap. Quite easy to load, very light pleasant scent, kinda airy type but wow...the lather is really slick...
Shave with razor paired with another Proline blade this time from another kind member in the UK forum. Quite good...smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Somehow I still prefer the guarded AC blades. The Stirling Witchhazel as AS is terrific! Rating 9.6/10
View attachment 1247208
View attachment 1247209
Nothing better than a fresh puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom