Druida Seven Rustic
Oneblade V2

proxy.php

Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Chubby 2 Super badger + PAA Cavendish + Gillette Slim + Weleda balsam + Floid

proxy.php

Perfect shaving listening this Bruce Springsteen song:

at the end of the shave, playing the song with my electroacustic guitar, great !

have a nice day !

Martin de Candre Fougère/ Semogue 208/ LASSC BBS-1/ Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum/ Fine Fresh Vetiver

proxy.php

Soapmakers of Awesometown
Zenith XXL Manchurian
Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE (1)
Floïd Blue

proxy.php

It appears the inept USPS system has inadvertently benefited me. To pass the time as I awaited the arrival of my Soapmakers of Awesometown soap, I'd been poring over the reviews. They've been admittedly mixed, but the general consensus seems to be that this was not to be treated like B&M's Glissant base. The takeaway was that SoA is not thirsty. Knowing that, I was initially careful with the water, and the result was nothing less than spectacular. Despite my hard water, a dense slick lather was very quickly forthcoming. In fact, if memory serves, the only soap in my arsenal that makes a quicker lather would probably be Chiseled Face. At this point, SoA performs on a level at least approaching that of Glissant, if not matching it. Glide was spot on, allowing me to take long sweeping final passes on my scalp. I left the pulled uber-lather on my skin while I cleaned my gear, and this resulted in a remarkable post-shave. Granted this is my first shave with SoA, but I don't think I missed the lanolin. I honestly can't find a complaint against this base.

The fragrance is lovely. Passionfruit, bright sweet citrus, and florals are very forward but kept in check by a touch of sandalwood. This is a well-crafted accord if not a bit whimsical. It's probably a good thing that a matching splash doesn't exist because my wife thinks it's too "girly" for me. Far be it from me to come off as "girly" as I affirm my unblemished reputation as a rugged, manly man by carefully positioning my shaving gear in a light box in order take glamour shots to post on the internet.
Wonderful photo and an interesting review. Thanks!

proxy.php

Saturday 8th April
Joesph Fenton & Sons, Cutlers, Sheffield razor
Rubberset inspired Finest Badger brush made by myself
WSP Rustic Fougere Noir soap
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles La Terre Verte
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Vintage Personna 74 Tungsten (shave #14)
Brush: oscar11 High Mountain White-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Catie’s Bubbles La Terre Verte today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11 HMW. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna 74 Tungsten still in the Slim. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Fine Platinum aftershave.

Bob
SOTD 4-8-17.JPG

Saturday

Cream: Trader Joe's Men's Close Shave Shave Cream (face lathered)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic
Razor: Gillette '40s SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
AS: Walmart Witch Hazel
ASB: Trader Joe's Men's Hydrating Face & Body Lotion
Fragrance: Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood EdT

Yesterday I picked up Trader Joe's "Clean Up Your Act Grooming Kit" You can see photos and a brief description at this post: Trader Joe's Grooming Kit. Today I gave the set a try. The shampoo (4 oz. bottle), with a mild citrus scent, was a good performer, and contains argan and jojoba oils, and a number of botanticals. The body wash (4 oz. bottle) has a sandalwood scent, but the scent is very mild, although pleasant. It performed ok. The shaving cream, which is sandalwood scented, comes in a 2 oz. tube. As you can see in the 2nd photo I applied an almond-sized dollop to my wet brush. It produced a rich lather, with plenty of cushion. The slickness was decent, but I think I could improve that by increasing the ratio of water to soap. I had plenty of lather for 3 passes and plenty of buffing work. The scent is very mild, so those looking for a great scent with their shave will be disappointed. The Face & Body Lotion (4 oz. bottle), which is unscented, works very well as an aftershave balm. At first it feels a little tacky when applied, but after about a minute it was completely absorbed, and there was no tacky or greasy feeling whatsoever. My skin felt smooth and protected. Trader Joe's is selling this set, packaged in a nice tin box, for $3.99. That was money well spent.

20170408_100121.jpg
20170408_093015.jpg

20170407_184727.jpg

8 April 2017

Razor: Imperial - The Improved Eagle
Strop: Tony Miller Heirloom
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Original Sport

IMG_1019.jpg

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap – Barrister & Mann - Leviathan
Post - Cold water rinse, Chatillon Lux – Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

my best shave so far, using B+M... I guess there's hope yet :smile:

Merkur 15C with a Wilkinson Sword
Zenith 507U Best Badger
Tcheon Fung Sing Corte Sabauda SS
Musgo Real AS & Dermosil ASB

Last edited:
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair
Soap: Palmolive Menthol Shaving Cream

Stirling Baker Street
Semogue 830
Schick Krona
GSB (7)
Stirling Baker Street AS

To my nose the AS has a tobacco like quality to it that I love. I don't really smell it in the soap. It's lovely.
proxy.php

Sotd 08/04/2017

proxy.php

pre: hot water
soap: proraso red - sandalwood
Brush: Omega 21762 italian
razor: muhle r89 astra blu *4
after shave: Axe black
Original Lather Bowl: bambo

4/8/17
Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Pre Shave Cream
Reef Point Admiralty
Vie-Long 13052
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Fine Italian Citrus
Reef Point Admiralty Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD4-8-17.jpg

Another great day of photos and posts, gents. I thought I was going to be able to get some comments done tonight but I'm still not up to snuff. I'll finish them tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back to normal in a day or so. Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you soon.
I hope you feel better soon,Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom