Brush: Vulfix 2235S badger
Cream: TfOBS Coconut
ASB: Nivea
ASL: TfOBS - Eton College Collection
IMG_0473a.JPG

5F672493-C65A-4709-AF86-7AF282B926C1.jpeg
5F0F6FFA-24CB-4884-98FE-7265FFC500C5.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MAY 3, 2020

Yesterday’s shave was excellent, although not quite as close as I prefer. My single bar Gillette OT usually brings me to BBS land, but was constrained by healing French Spadson injuries of two days ago. Just to prove I have nothing against French razors I selected my 100 yr old Le Coq Cage Head for today’s shave. This is a moderate to slightly more aggressive shaver, about a 7 on a 10 point scale, and generally provides a highly efficient shave with a fair bit of blade feel. For this shave I decided to try a bit of an experiment. My best vintage shaver is my SE GE Jones Shake Sharp with two stacked blades. Why not try stacked blades in my Le Coq? I really enjoy shaving with Suneko DE blades; so I selected two, aligned them, and loaded the Le Coq.

Six drops of M-Bomb and a bit of ice water in the iced scuttle combined with MrEE’s Custom brush fitted with its hybrid Badger/Boar knot sticky with WK King of Oud paste generated a beautiful, icy, cooling lather. Both dome and face felt great. Madame Le Coq made short work of my whiskers in that first WTG pass mowing them right down to the skin line. The second XTG and third ATG passes brought me very close to BBS land, but didn’t quite make it due to some of the still healing injuries from the Spadson shave. It was BBS everywhere but around the healing areas circling the Adam’s Apple, and in one spot in the back of my head. Great shave! I feel clean, cool, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Le Coq Cage Head
BLADES: 2 Stacked Suneko DE
PREP: Iced water rinse
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Handle #7
SOAP: Wholly Kaw King of Oud salted with 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Royall Lyme AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum

Cream : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
SvdD : 03-05-2020
Razor : Rex Supply Co. – Ambassador Adjustable Stainless Steel DE Razor
Blade : Shark (2)
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Aftershave Balm : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
Eau de Cologne Intense: The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon

PSX_20200503_130820-01.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, April 03 2020. I like to have a different Schick injector shave on Sundays and it is so easy with Schick's because they loved to make all kinds of different ones from Theme series to practical razors. Today is the Schick 500 series and it is by far the longest handle in my collection of Schick's measuring 5 3/8 inches from bottom to top.
I think any longer a razor handle would be not be all that beneficial to most IMO, but it is a unisex razor and has the Hydro magic feature that I use to clean the blade. Beautiful razor and shaves well!

Razor: Schick 500 injector with Hydro magic, a nice long handle for some at 5 3/8 inches LG, Mfg 1957-64
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) Very sharp and smooths out after a few shaves with good longevity IMO.
Soap: Razorock XXX- Nice scent with excellent lather qualities!
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm "Sagrada Familia " named after a Barcelona Cathedral in Spain.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick 500 injector.

Sunday Schick Shave,April 05th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD - Sunday 03 May 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Merkur - Progress (50C)
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Faux Ivory - 2.0 - 28mm Fan (Manchurian Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Olivewood
  • Shaving Cream: Fitjar - Slåtterøy (sample)
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm

That brush looks great. My first thought when seeing it was that thing is classy. It looks like it would be a brush that only wealthy people would have bought back in the 20s-50s if that makes sense. I dont know it just looks really classy to me.

SOTD 03 May 2020:
My G4 birth year Slim
Astra SP (2)
Simpson’s #46 “Berkeley” in Pure
TOBS Grapefruit Cream
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Pinaud Gent’s Gin.

I decided to take a break from my SE razors this week and from my usual “Sandalwood Sunday” as the temperatures are supposed to be in the mid 70’s today; around 24°C for those of you who are metrically inclined.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday, 5/3:

20200503_120928.jpg

Razor - Razorock Hawk SS V3
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - Craving Shaving "Serenity" 26mm Boss
Soap - Supply Sierra Ridge
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

Hoo-wee, what an excellent shave! The lather was probably the best I've gotten from the Supply cream, which is really more of a croap. I used plenty of product, pressed it into my bowl, and let it soak a couple minutes, and this time wasn't left with any undissolved chunks as in the past. The lather was nice and thick, shiny, terrific glide, and good skin softening qualities. When you dial it in, turns out it's a very good soap.

I've been watching Cris from Another Cut Above use the Feather AC lately, and he's talked about how a new blade gets smoother with each use. Well, this was the fifth shave with this blade, and it is definitely a lot smoother than it was the third shave, and still as sharp. I didn't have to use a shallow angle this time, it was just smooth sailing. The more I use the Hawk, the more I'm loving it. It's such a good effortless shaver. This was the closest shave I've gotten from it too. My face is looking and feeling great.

Today I show what I would typically use in addition to razor, blade, soap, brush and aftershave (Grooming Dept. pre-shave, Gentleman Jon's alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel and not shown Lubriderm lotion with SPF).

Razor: Gillette 1905 Double Ring #243023
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado
Brush: Rudy Vey Faux Ivory Keyhole with Muhle STF
Aftershave: Palmolive After Shave Lotion​

IMG_5048 2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom