*First time with this puppy,
and what a brush! Dwarfs
my other 26mm brushes.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021

Razor: Schick injector E2, Canadian Variant- MFG 1930's+40's excellent mid range, light weight + easy to maneuver the face.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender - nice scent with excellent lather qualities. Reasonable post shave.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, great brush to generate lather , soft tips with great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector E2 type Canadian variant with a Personna coated injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Wonderful shave today.

Drew Dick 8/8. Fantastic razor with an edge that won't quit.
Soap and Aftershave. A&E The Club Khalifa. Excellent performer in the K2 base and a scent that's awesome and pretty long lasting.

Frank Shave brush with 24mm G4 knot, one of my favorite knots. So easy to lather with, soft on the face, but with enough backbone. No prickly, scritchy feel to it at all.

Hope your shave is wonderful, too!
20210502_091704-01.jpeg

Razor: Mühle R102
Blade: Lord - New Platinum (2)
Brush: Spiffo - D'rargo (Manchurian Two-Band SHD-Fan) 24mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap - Unscented
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave - "Happyland Barbershop"

238B5A51-B7EC-4A46-AA4D-FC1A0EB836F1.jpeg

She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not?
Okay, we’ll start off with the fact that this razor is really a Mühle R41 head with a white resin handle. Some people are terrified of the R41, and some love it. I myself have never been scared of it, I have other razors that are more agressive. This razor can bring me to a BBS faster than any razor I own. My problem is that I’m not sure if I really enjoy the shave itself.
No matter what blade or angle I use, especially on my neck, it feels tuggy like a shaving with a dull old blade. In spite of that, when I feel my neck afterwards, it’s as smooth and clean as can be. Post shave face feel is also nice with no irritation.
I was wondering if blade flex was the problem, so I shimmed the top, which will not affect the blade gap, only stiffen the edge. That didn’t seem to change anything so I’m stuck with the decision if getting a fast super efficient close shave is worth the unenjoyable tugging and pulling sensation. I know this isn't just me as I have read many other reviews that other R41 owners have this exact same problem.

SOTD-G_2021-05-02.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 22/48
Soap: TFS Tabacum Crepito
Razor: 2020 Gillette Tech on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
ASL: Clubman

A very enjoyable shave. :biggrin:

The Mixed Midget was great and didn't feel nearly as scritchy as it did yesterday (fast acclimatization I guess). It's looking like an enjoyable MMM month ahead.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I was wondering if blade flex was the problem, so I shimmed the top, which will not affect the blade gap, only stiffen the edge. That didn’t seem to change anything so I’m stuck with the decision if getting a fast super efficient close shave is worth the unenjoyable tugging and pulling sensation. I know this isn't just me as I have read many other reviews that other R41 owners have this exact same problem.
That'll make virtually no difference to blade rigidity ouchyfoot. Shim normally (i.e. between the baseplate and the blade) to stiffen up the blade. Look at the diagram on this page (and think about it). The razor in the diagram is an R89 with the same baseplate rails (miles away from the blade edge) as the R41, giving the blade a huge clamp distance (this being the problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom