RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Badger/Boar Fan
SOAP: Zingari Man The Watchman Sego Shaving Soap
POST: Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Recovery Splash

proxy.php

SOTD, Thursday, April 22, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Superspeed Red Tip (C4, 1957)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: RazoRock Disruptor
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 95 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Used a phenomenal soap and aftershave for the first time.
First line shaving The weight. First time using any product from this artisan and it was awesome. Great lather, great face feel.

The scent was very nice. I can smell tobacco from the soap off the puck and lathered but then the gun powder comes alive in the aftershave. I didn't wanna stop putting it on. This is such a nice masculine scent.
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, April 22nd 2021

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant-Mfg 2016>, excellent razor, got my first true BBS with this razor, very efficient for a mid range.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(Black)(5) excellent blade, Sharp& Smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea croap- very interesting scent, excellent lather qualities + good post shave!
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR German37 slant with a Gillette 7oClock SP.
DE SOTD, April 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

CA1419E2-3304-4FC9-B4EA-7D3D0FF9801C.png

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, APRIL 22, 2021

Intrigued with the edge on the Thistle Cut Persian 4/8 yesterday, I ran my second Thistle Cut 5/8 through the same Shapton progression last night, ending on the 30K and this time blunting the square tip before running it through the two pasted and third leather stropping. Well, boys and girls, the result was an edge directly comparable to the Feather Super edge in my Feather DX barber’s razor. The styrofoam peanut test was identical.

The only difference this time was I used Howard Schlechter’s edge killing trick on the corner of the 30K before restoring it with a final polish on the jasper stone before stropping. The result was a fabulous, porcelain smooth three pass mug result with no red fluid. My trusty little Ronson safety razor delivered its usual two pass noggin result, in the process putting the baby not just to bed, but into a veritable coma. Deciding to live dangerously, I broke out the Florida Water to cap off a truly epic shave.

RAZOR: Thistle Cut 5/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Baume.BE
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac. Finished with Murray & Lanman Florida Water and Cremo Cooling Balm.

Razor: Schick Eversharp 1950's Injector
Blade: Supply Injector blade (3)
Brush: RazoRock AMICI Noir Plissoft, 20mm

Soap: RazoRock Classic

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Mennen Skin Bracer

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom