Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
I finished the AoS Sandalwood soap yesterday and today back to Tabac. I have had this puck for about two years. It has no scent but is an excellent performer. The Hoffritz is a small brush so it takes extra time to load it. However, as always, a great lather and an excellent shave.

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic (1953 - ?)
Blade: Personna PTFE Injector (5)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Citrine/Black Handle 26mm Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX
84458BE2-D25F-4D29-A92A-0FD8D9B9C2F2.jpeg

proxy.php

My only memories of my grandfather( he passed away in 2005 ) are those of him with a long beard. I do remember one story that he told us when we were kids, about how he was travelling to Europe on a ship alone as a young man. This was probably sometime in the late 1920/early 1930s. With not much to do onboard, he took part in a Bridge ( the card game ) competition that the staff organized for the passengers. He was partnered with a German woman. She didn’t speak a lot of English and no Urdu, and my grandfather didn’t speak any German. Still, they played,and played, and played..and in the end my grandfather and the German woman ended up as runners up. Not bad for two people who didn’t speak each other’s language.

I picture my grandfather as a clean shaven young man at the time, and like to imagine that he probably used some Old Spice product every morning on that ship. Whether he did or not is something i will obviously never know, but that is what i associate Old Spice with, specifically the Aftershave. It’s a product that has been around for ages, and for me still remains the quintessential aftershave. It’s the first name that comes to mind for millions around the world in that specific line of products. The cream i only became aware of recently. I purchased it off Ebay some time back, and it doesn’t, in any way or form, have the classic original Old Spice scent. So the packaging is misleading, although the scent is pleasant. It has a fresh floral vibe to it. Enjoyed using it today and slipping down memory lane!

And no, that woman didn’t end up as my grandmother :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php

My only memories of my grandfather( he passed away in 2005 ) are those of him with a long beard. I do remember one story that he told us when we were kids, about how he was travelling to Europe on a ship alone as a young man. This was probably sometime in the late 1920/early 1930s. With not much to do onboard, he took part in a Bridge ( the card game ) competition that the staff organized for the passengers. He was partnered with a German woman. She didn’t speak a lot of English and no Urdu, and my grandfather didn’t speak any German. Still, they played,and played, and played..and in the end my grandfather and the German woman ended up as runners up. Not bad for two people who didn’t speak each other’s language.

I picture my grandfather as a clean shaven young man at the time, and like to imagine that he probably used some Old Spice product every morning on that ship. Whether he did or not is something i will obviously never know, but that is what i associate Old Spice with, specifically the Aftershave. It’s a product that has been around for ages, and for me still remains the quintessential aftershave. It’s the first name that comes to mind for millions around the world in that specific line of products. The cream i only became aware of recently. I purchased it off Ebay some time back, and it doesn’t, in any way or form, have the classic original Old Spice scent. So the packaging is misleading, although the scent is pleasant. It has a fresh floral vibe to it. Enjoyed using it today and slipping down memory lane!

And no, that woman didn’t end up as my grandmother :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice anecdote. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Wednesday shave

C43D34CF-BEFF-4A57-AEDA-411642900593.jpeg

Prep: Curology Cleanser
Cream: ToBS Royal Forest
Brush: SOC Mistura badger/boar
Razor: Gillette fat handle Tech, #5
Blade: Gillette Sputnik, #3 and binned

Two passes and a touch-up for DFS with some feedback (I think I was moving too fast). Finished with the Sputnik--definitely usable and I’ve got one left for another spin at some point.

20210422_121330-01.jpeg

SOTD #112/2021
22-04-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Yaqi Mokka Express 26mm 2-band badger
Soap: Black Ship Grooming ~ Thomas Tew
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS, witch hazel and psb

Have some nice shaves, Gents!

SOTD-H-K_2021-04-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 599 Super Badger 22/48
Soap: LEA Menthol Croap
Razor: Henson AL13 head on Phoenix Aluminum Bomb Tip handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Spearmint BLAST (home brew)
A very cool shave.:osage: Brilliant! :biggrin:

Two new kids on the block today.
First was the LEA Menthol Croap (their mentholated cream which I left open in a cupboard to cure) on its first outing after the transformation – very nice. (The cream was great, but I prefer croaps.)
Second was today's new ASL project/experiment; plenty of alcohol and menthol with a good measure of spearmint pure essential oil... success!
Two hours post-shave and everything (including me) is smelling very fresh round here.

To my surprise I'm really getting to like the Henson (medium grade) razor a lot.

The Omega 599 is a great little brush, albeit a tad on the soft side for my taste.

The Personna Red blade is great, as ever, but then that's expected.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

4/21/21
La Toja Shave Stick
Vie-Long 13052
Gillette 1946-47 Aristocrat
Personna Red (5)
Osma Alum Block
La Toja
Proraso Green Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD4-21-21.jpg

4/22/21