SOTD "FREE WEEK" April 12th - April 18th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh puck!
20210418_080948.jpg

Happy Sunday. Have a great day.

AAD53537-26D8-4E2B-97C6-43C55CEAE9FD.png

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, APRIL 18, 2021

Whew doggies!! Talk about a wake up shave! A few weeks ago I ordered a collapsible travel shave bowl from Stirling Soap Co. for my grandson. They included an Electric Sheep bath soap sample. I tried it and liked it so much I decided to order the Glacial versions of their bath soap and shave soap. Well, believe you me, talk about a refreshing menthol kick! It should better be described as a wallop! The bath soap woke me up, but the shave soap was in another class entirely! The fragrance is definitely not for everyone, but I like it. Those fragheads of you out there, will probably need time to recover from the citronella eucalyptus mentholated kick! As a confirmed menth head, I loved it!

My JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378 generated a delightful, highly mentholated slick lather that provided a very slippery carpeting for the A. Witte Co. Copperhead 6/8 razor to sweep through. This razor has maintained an awesome buttery smooth edge which seemed to melt my mug stubble. Or maybe it was just the menthol fumes? In any case three passes were all she wrote to put the baby to bed. I will say that this is not stuff one wants to get in his or her eye! Again this shave croap is not for everybody, but I love it! Cryogen was pleasantly cooling, but always dried out my skin. The tallow in this croap left my skin feeling well hydrated! Two ATG dome passes with the LeCoq Cagehead left your very pleased narrator feeling refreshed, cool and porcelain smooth!

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 (Mug), LeCoq Cagehead (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CROAP: Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub.

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey (Shavemac D01 two band knot)
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH Proraso
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
I am continuing to use the AoS soap. I think there are only a few more shaves left with it. A nice, slick lather and a nice, close shave.

SOTD, Sunday, April 18, 2021

Got the revamped Gillette Red Tip back from Razor Emporium. Wonderful restoration of this 64 year old razor. Looks brand new, and what a shave! Paired it with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and some Razor Emporium Citrus shave soap. RE's new shave soaps are great, and if your into vegan soaps, well, this is as good a performer as any tallow based soap. Give them a try!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Superspeed Red Tip (C4, 1957)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Lather: Razor Emporium Citrus
Aftershave: Razor Emporium Citrus
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Hugo Boss
cold water splash
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Late-night shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

View attachment 1253213
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, APRIL 18, 2021

Whew doggies!! Talk about a wake up shave! A few weeks ago I ordered a collapsible travel shave bowl from Stirling Soap Co. for my grandson. They included an Electric Sheep bath soap sample. I tried it and liked it so much I decided to order the Glacial versions of their bath soap and shave soap. Well, believe you me, talk about a refreshing menthol kick! It should better be described as a wallop! The bath soap woke me up, but the shave soap was in another class entirely! The fragrance is definitely not for everyone, but I like it. Those fragheads of you out there, will probably need time to recover from the citronella eucalyptus mentholated kick! As a confirmed menth head, I loved it!

My JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378 generated a delightful, highly mentholated slick lather that provided a very slippery carpeting for the A. Witte Co. Copperhead 6/8 razor to sweep through. This razor has maintained an awesome buttery smooth edge which seemed to melt my mug stubble. Or maybe it was just the menthol fumes? In any case three passes were all she wrote to put the baby to bed. I will say that this is not stuff one wants to get in his or her eye! Again this shave croap is not for everybody, but I love it! Cryogen was pleasantly cooling, but always dried out my skin. The tallow in this croap left my skin feeling well hydrated! Two ATG dome passes with the LeCoq Cagehead left your very pleased narrator feeling refreshed, cool and porcelain smooth!

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 (Mug), LeCoq Cagehead (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CROAP: Stirling Glacial Electric Sheep
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub.
Hey, Jeff. I've got Stirling's Obsidian shave soap, a glacially mentholated version of Black Ice. Beware face-lathering the glacially mentholated Stirling Soaps. Awesome as they are, you'd better like menthol a whole lot. It's quite a kick! Bowl-lathering will tone them down a bit and even out any menthol concentrations within the soap.

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Green Freeze Aftershave

Very nice lather and performance from the Sir Irisch Moos soap, and a refreshing finish to the shave with the Bootlegger's aftershave.

A review of the aftershave may be found here - Bootlegger's Green Freeze Review

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: iKon El Jefe SE
Blade: Schick Proline(D14)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers THBS Black Wolf 25mm
Bowl: PAA Travel Scuttle 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Soap: Stirling's Bay Rum
Balm: Stirling's Bay Rum Butter
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum

04/18/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Argan Oil Body Soap - Homage to the Original Burma Shave
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Artisan Shave Soap -CK6 Homage To The Original Burma Shave
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Amber Aerolite 24mm Stygian Synth Hybrid Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Carbon Shaving Model Cx-Ti (All titanium) with R2 Handle & Original .68mm base plate providing positive blade exposure
Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 2nd Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Artisan Aftershave / Cologne - Homage To The Original Burma Shave
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Epic Mentholated Talc Free Man Powder - Homage To The Original Burma Shave​

B IMG_8333.jpg

20210418_141355-01.jpeg

SOTD #108/2021
18-04-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ The Full Measure Of Man
Razor: Karve CB Brass Open Comb D-plate
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Barrister and Mann ~ The Full Measure Of Man

Have a great Sunday, y'all!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, April 18th 2021

Razor: Schick injector i2 type with hydro-magic- Excellent razor, easy to manipulate around the face, easy to clean.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector- Excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco vanilla scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24mm Mew knot, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, mild scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with a Personna coated blade.
Sunday Schick shave, April 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom