• Simpson Tulip 2 LE Manchurian Badger
  • Uncle Jon's - Enlightement
  • Merkur 43c
  • Perma Sharp
  • Myrsol Formula Extra
proxy.php

E1278E48-E1E5-4A3C-8FB1-45FCBFB83991.png

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, APRIL 13, 2021

It was a pleasure to wake up to a sunny morning feeling decent. Called in to the Vet ICU. Mitten is apparently up and doing well after his coyote tussle yesterday morning, not bad for a 16 year old kitty. The bride headed over to see him at 8:00 this morning and returned in great spirits. If he continues to improve, we can pick him up Thursday.

This morning’s mug shave featured the Herder 49 15/16. Lately I find myself reaching for my son’s blue resin handled 22mm silvertip badger. I don’t know whether it’s the bristle density or the loft, but this is one great little brush. The brush is both incredibly soft yet at the same time exhibits great backbone. It felt great on my mug. So good in fact that I went for a fourth pass on my neck.

I selected one of my two favorite Gillettes, the New Standard. It never fails to deliver, and certainly didn’t this morning. My usual dome shave consists of two ATG passes, but that dang brush felt so good that I went for a third pass. IMO the best head design Gillette ever produced was that for their New series of razors. The New Standard and New LC are masterpieces coming before the need to cut safety razor costs. I feel clean, refreshed and oh-so-smooth.

RAZOR: F. Herder 49 15/16 (Mug), Gillette New Standard (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG Blue Resin Handled 22mm Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Rabid Banana Star Jelly Balm.

Tues shave glow.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve B SB
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A beautiful AZ day. Today I used my first Paladin brush: one I won at a Sue Auction. As is true of all of the Paladins, it makes great lather while feeling great on my face. I used my bronze Karve with the C plate with a Wizamet blade. The result was a perfect shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A.S.Razor shave today, I have some excellent ASR razors that I really enjoy to use along with my Gem's.

Razor: Star Bar #4 model- Mfg 1919-20 excellent SE,<mid range, one of the last Lather catchers (Kampfe Brothers MFG), Star produced the first safety razors in the USA. This razor has great audio feedback and will give excellent shaves, just a joy to use.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade characteristic's, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Speick, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, nice feel to face, it is a shedder (1 hair)still because it's fairly new. like the handle for grip.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Star bar#4 model + a coated Gem blade.
(Not a lot of whiskers to shave off from my stellar shave yesterday with the Gem 1912.)

ASR shave, Tue, April 13th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210413_160358-01-01.jpeg

SOTD #103/2021
13-04-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Dunshire
Razor: Mühle Rocca R94
Blade: KAI (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Nivea Cool Sensitive psb.

Had a flawless and pleasant 3 pass shave today with quite a bit of blade feel in the last pass, but the first passes were super smooth. I almost wondered in the first pass if I forgot to attach the blade...
Almost bbs all over the face.

Have some nice shaves, Gents!

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210412_080546.jpg

April 13, 2021

I just love the scent on this soap! Also just starting to use the Trafalgar brush from Simpson. Very different from my other synthetics. Much more consistent backbone and much scrubbier than the chubby 2 platinum synthetic or my PAA synthetic brushes. I like the handle though, reminds me of a Duke 3.

Pre: Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Soap: Asylum / SV Colonia
Razor: Timeless SS Scalloped 95
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (69)
740799A2-3B26-4898-B140-E91493387DB8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom