What's new

🏳️🏴🚩🏴‍☠️🏳️‍🌈 “SOTD - Fly Your Flag Theme Week” May 22nd - May 28th, 2023 🏳️🏴🚩🏴‍☠️🏳️‍🌈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi B&Bers!

For this SOTD Theme Week, we want to see your shaving gear from your home country! Show us your locally made soaps, razors, blades, aftershaves/colognes, whatever.

This weekly Theme is as easy as it gets… just post pics of stuff made where you currently live or where you were born. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

And as usual, if you don’t have anything themed (come on, you must unless you live in Antarctica)… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged. 👍

LETS SEE YOUR LOCAL SHAVE!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20230521_143517.jpg

Razor: Karve D
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (D1)
Brush: Oumo Compass Undercurrent 31mm Manchurian
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Moon Soap Sorrento Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Moon Soaps Sorrento
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

Modern May 2023

Razor: Rex Ambassador XL (🇺🇸)
Blade: Personna SPC (1) (🇺🇸)
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023 (🇺🇸)
Preshave: PAA The Cube (🇺🇸)
Soap: King R Emporium (🇺🇸)
Aftershave: King R Emporium Aftershave (🇺🇸), King R PAA Star Jelly (🇺🇸) (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face) its a good combo

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Well I haven't used this razor in a while, over 2 months, took a moment to get use but it was like riding a bike but even better. I got a great shave out of it. I got no cuts, weepers, nick or irritation on 4 days growth, got a nice solid BBS without issues. Thoroughly enjoyed the shave as well, my neck area, which again is more prone to redness and irritation, very much none 1 hour after shaving.

My first time using the B and B contributors brush 2023, its great, it really is. My first Paladin and first major purchase brush and it did not disappoint! I did a face lather, it was great, not scritchy at all (its Paladin Select Badger (two-band) Semi-Bulb/Hybrid to be exact) I mean great backbone, very comfortable, really impressive. For someone who is not a brush guy at all, I can see where you can get into the brush rabbit hole, this was really, really great to use.

The rest of the stuff I used for my shave I have said many times, Personna SPC is an awesome blade, smooth, sharp, pairs really well with this razor.

The soap I haven't used in months, this was a brand new one sitting in my drawer as I have been accumulating and trying other soaps but it is as I remembered, its really good.

20230521_203557.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
FD064311-8AD0-4457-8AB2-D72E4BCA6478.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) China: Razor Jack the Barber DE Razor.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
1684756758211.png
USA SOTD
1684756843307.png

Since I live in the US, here is my home country shave!

Paladin 2023 Contributor’s Brush - 28 mm Tut Badger -USA
Barrister & Mann Passiflora soap and splash - USA
Ti Blackbird - USA
Personna 74 (1) - USA

All American shave! Amazing gear too! It’s a rare occasion when I break out a new 74. For today’s shave it was a choice between the 74 and a Spoiler. I haven’t used a 74 in a while, so I thought a revisit was due. These are so hard to get now unless you pay through the nose… sometimes $5 or more per blade. Ugh. I didn’t pay anywhere near that years ago. But they are amazingly sharp and last for dozens of shaves. I tossed the last one at 40 shaves because I was bored of it. 😎

Paladin, Blackland, B&M …. All top shelf for me. A great way to start the week!

CD240F5C-236B-49A9-9A44-62DEA5F75721.jpeg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Shavemac 28mm Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third shave with the Megress XL paired with a Wizamet blade. The razor/blade combo did a nice job. The shave was smooth and close. I used a large Shavemac synthetic brush. A nice, smooth, nick-free shave today. Have a great day and week folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: EJ89L
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2020 Limited Edition 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro-Boost

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, May 22nd 2023

Razor : Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, nice mild to tame mid range, well built with a excellent coating of chrome. The handle is unique with a angle base heel. First Gem razor I owned and works excellent for a close shave with no issues this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PPTFE(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore, nice Vanilla and green tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm timber wolf knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem G Bar with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD May 22 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Ilipé"
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Brush: DS Cosmetic
Lather: Classic Edge "Bay Rum"
Razor: 1956 Gillette "Tech"
Blade: Super Max "Stainless"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Old Spice "Original"
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-05-22.jpg

SOTD 💈🪒
Pre Proraso White
Gillette F@tboy F4 with Gillette Super Blue.
Omega Boar brush.
Proraso White soap and balm.

That was a lovely relaxing shave. The F@tboy was used on settings 7, 6, and 5.
The Proraso made a great rich lather built with the Omega brush, especially when used with the pre shave, and provided an extremely comfortable shave whilst giving a comforting scent. The balm is very moisturising and left me feeling smooth and supple.
Happy Shaving 😊

20230522_160743.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom