What's new

🏳️🏴🚩🏴‍☠️🏳️‍🌈 “SOTD - Fly Your Flag Theme Week” May 22nd - May 28th, 2023 🏳️🏴🚩🏴‍☠️🏳️‍🌈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 4th good shave with the Megress XL paired with a Wizamet blade. The razor/blade combo did a nice job and I may be able to get another shave with this bade The shave was smooth and close. I used one of my favorite brushes this morning: my Paladin El Dorado. A nice, smooth, nick-free shave today. Have a great day folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, May23rd, 2023

Razor : Yaqi Melon 316 SS, 2nd Generation or V2 with a Yaqi "Tear drop" cannon looking handle- Mfg 2023>, mid range, excellent machining and finish QC for a Double open comb razor(very hard to machine top cap IMO). After using for a few months now this is a excellent razor and will provide close shaves if desired. Had a close comfortable enjoyable shave this morning with no drama.
Blade : Gillette silver blue(3) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla and tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside splash:001_wub: + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon 316 SS V2 with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 23 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD (Fixed Four: 15 of 31)
SOTD-Athena-X28-G_2023-05-23.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Lambda Athena X28 (15)
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (1)
ASL: Caffè Latte [home brew]

Another fine shave. :biggrin:

For some unknown reason, I felt like changing my blade today. I normally renew my blades when they've given me around 15 to 30 shaves... and I tend to notice very little difference between the retired blade and the new one.

Today, with the Athena, it was a different story. The blade felt much sharper than my (retired at 14 shaves) one yesterday, AND the sound effects just about doubled!

I certainly see what @Mr. Shavington means when he says he discovers new and different things about his Athena on a fairly regular basis. This is definitely a fun razor. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

20220627_085406.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Treet Silver Edge Dura Sharp Super Stainless (D1)
Brush: Antiga Barbearia 23mm Boar
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Opal
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Cream: Moon Amaretto Speciale
Balm: Moon Amaretto Speciale
Aftershave: Moon Amaretto Speciale

Wed 24
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
A superb combination of slick soap, plush brush, and a nice splash!
This has to be my top razor! The edge is soft buttery smooth and yet very keen...amazing! Stroped on the roo leather, had a very pleasurable 3 passes for a dolphin smooth finish...
20230524_094529.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
16121A96-8B9A-421B-8CCF-7CE62FCEBAC3.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Figaro Shaving Cream.
3) China: Razor Jack the Barber DE razor.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Kent BK 8 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL +++
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I was about to give up on the Henson AL+++ razor. On my last two shaves with it, I found it to be very rough on my face. Today I gave it another try but with a different blade. Previously, I used the RK blade that came with the razor. Today I switched to a Wizamet blade and that may have made the difference. Today’s shave was much better – far smoother and much more comfortable. The Kent BK8 did a superb job of making a rich lather and the shave was perfect. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom