What's new

🏳️🏴🚩🏴‍☠️🏳️‍🌈 “SOTD - Fly Your Flag Theme Week” May 22nd - May 28th, 2023 🏳️🏴🚩🏴‍☠️🏳️‍🌈

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD MAY 22nd
May 2023 GRUME
Modern May 2023

Hello friends

The goatee I got for the little domestic accident I had, has become respectable…Today I shaved with La Toja and Semogue SOC Finest, what a stupendous lather! After some time I returned to the Rockwell 6C (5) with Gillette Nacet (4). I finished with Lilac Vegetal, the King of Cat’s Pee. I started the week very well.

Together with me, Frank in the iconic Only The Lonely.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

52A1716A-31DC-4B84-A614-4B985FC0B9AA.jpeg
IMG_8582.jpeg

20230521_082713.jpg

Razor: Treet Baton Handle, black with red cap
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

IMG_1816.jpeg

Pre-shave: Shower & PAA Cube 2.0 wash
Razor: Karve Overlander brass
Blade: Wizamet (New)
Soap: C&F Chain Of Lakes
Brush: Paladin Chief B&B 2023
Post Shave: Alum
Balm: Stirling Unscented

Good timing. C&F is almost in my backyard. I’ve been wanting to try it for a while, and finally picked this up last week. The Paladin just arrived as well. A wonderful shave!

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

Razor: O.R.E.N. 24k gold-dipped (level 3)
Blade: Feather Professional Artist Club ProGuard Blade

Soap: Hoffman's Shave & Soap Co. The Dragon
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

Enter, The Dragon... Hahaha. Come on. I just had to do it. The fruit was hanging too low.

If you don't know what this label is about then you're either very young or are missing the gene for liking badass martial arts movies. Either way, you're not going to want to miss out on this shaving soap.

Its scent notes are bamboo, pear, apple, orange, rosewood, sandalwood, jasmine, and musk. When I read this I was immediately interested. Some woods, some musk, and some fruits that include pear! My interest was piqued for sure!

Now that I've used it. If I had to boil this one down I'd say it's a beautifully balanced cologne type. When I say beautifully balanced I really mean it. The Dragon is a fantastic fragrance that smells like a sophisticated, sexy, modern-day cologne.

The woods, jasmine, musk and fruit notes all come together in an elegant accord. The bamboo and pear notes are really good. Then there are the jasmine and apple notes that follows. I genuinely like this fragrance and will most definitely be picking up the aftershave when I can. I'm also seriously considering the EdP as well. It's just that good!

I did a three-pass shave with my lovely Artist Club O.R.E.N. And at level three with a ProGuard blade I find it to be an efficient sweet spot for obtaining a great shave.

Seeing as I don't yet have the matching aftershave, I opted for some tried and true Lucky Tiger aftershave / face tonic. It did a nice job of soothing my skin, capping off this training session. I mean shave.

I entered the dojo, trained with a sharp tool then walked out a better man.

Take care my my friend and enjoy your shaves.

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: BRW replated Gillette SC
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (D2)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 Limited Edition Badger\Boar
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Moon Soap Union
Balm: Moon Soap Union
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square

Last edited:
Tue 23
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Titan ACRM-2 African Timber Scale
A very good lather and scent from this soap & matching splash.
Today's shave with this razor was so much better. The edge was put through another round of HBA and finished on the full diamond balsa progression again. Smoother and definitely keener in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs result...
20230523_105415.jpg

SOTD: 23rd May 2023.

tues.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Brush: Omega 10077.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R. - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Gillette guard. (Head/Dome)- (D5.)
Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

A relaxing early morning cold water face & head shave...

I've went for a menthol themed shave today the Proraso gave cooling kick for both my face & head sensors.

The Gillette Guard on it's 5th and final outing still performed well feeling smooth & efficient enough resulting in another smooth acceptable head shave.

A enjoyable early comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face & head are feeling cool & smooth. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
723653E2-47A3-40B1-8BF3-10EC44B7370F.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) China: Razor Jack the Barber DE razor.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom