What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 10th, 2022 to October 16th, 2022 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.

Date
365 days of shaving290/289
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober15/31 (100%)
Tabactober10/31 (87%)

Passes2.5
WTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW)

ATG (2)Straight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
9/10 (BBS)
7/10 (irritation on the neck)
8/10 (fairly smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Matador Deluxe
Treet 7 days (1)
Feather (4)
DVH Synthetic
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallowbac
Kox Enamel
Cold splash
Chanel Allure (balm)

Notes & Link:

I have to admit it was nice to take a break from OCtober with this to me new Matador Deluxe courtesy of the ever generous Jack Goossen.

This razor is mega smooth despite the initial idea that the blade gap is somewhat huge. And I now understand why Jack really wanted me to try this razor, because like the Razorine Flatboy it sings! Wonderful audio feedback.

Another day in shaving paradise. A great razor that should be in everyone’s collection - [Enablers, Inc messaging included] it is amazing! Jack Goossen - thank you again for this opportunity and razor. I would not have wanted to miss this!

Link to today’s shave notes: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11969874

Sunday
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock German 37
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
Soap: Fellow Barber Shave Cream
Aftershave: Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra

Sunday, October 16
proxy.php

XPEC Original~~TSN X LE~~Gillette #44 RFB/Astra SP~~Tom Ford Tuscan Leather*
Have a great day!

TIgpz34 - Imgur.jpg

SOTD Sunday 10/16

Today was again comparing the Gillette Slim and Razorock GC .68. Theme of the day was Stirling Noir, patterned off Drakkar Noir. Not sure I see the similarity, but its been many years since I have used Drakkar.

Shower: Stirling Noir bar soap
Preshave: Proraso sensitive
Razors: Gillette Slim I-3 and RazoRock Game Changer .68
Blades: Nacet, day 2 on both
Soap: Stirling Noir
Brush: AP G5C
Bowl: Timeless
Aftershave: Stirling Noir
Balm: Stirling Noir
EdP: Stirling Noir

Wow, that's a lot of Stirling Noir! Kinda went "all in" on that one without a sample. The quality of the product is good, but fragrance-wise I'm not sure its too close. Maybe I need to let it gel a bit and help me remember what Drakkar Noir really smelled like - its been probably 25 years since I last used it.

The little coin I carry in my pocket always - a cross on one side, and my favorite verse on the other, John 14:6. Prayers to our men and women that are out on the front lines putting their lives on the line for what many of us take for granted - we have clean water, quality food, great shelter, protection from danger, and are blessed beyond measure. Blessings to all my friends here, have a great day and thanks for reading!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 16th 2022

Razor : Schick injector adjustable M3- Mfg 1970-72, well built and designed adjustable that works well, it will take all the Schick blades manufactured over the years that other models will not, it is designed also as a unisex razor IMO because of the handle length. Great shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Protouch Proguard modified- A interesting blade that prevents digging in reducing nicks & cuts. The longevity is about 6 decent shaves and then tossed. This blade works well in a AC shavette also, especially when learning how to use a shavette I have found out. Great blade!
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice clean mild scent when dry but comes more alive when wet in the lather is my findings with this classic soap. I Cut a few slivers of soap & press in bowl and with a squeezed damp brush start stirring brush until paste is formed and add a few drops only and stir.......until you get the lather you like 1-2 minutes later for myself. Apply to a wet face works well for myself.
Brush : Yaqi "Barber pole" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(7) + ATG(8) + pickups(9 settings).
Post shave : Razorock Irish countryside AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with Schick injector M3 with a modified Kai protouch blade.
SOTD October 16 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

10/15/22
Reef Point Earl Grey & Ginger
Vie-Long 14080
5/8 Robert Klaas
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Penhaligon's English Fern
SOTD10-15-22.jpg