What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 10th, 2022 to October 16th, 2022 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCtober 2022 SOTD
1939-RFB-Pu_2022-10-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (17)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

Another fine shave. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

EC03A4D8-7ACB-441C-9A48-46999129869F.jpeg

Favorite Music Week / Tabactober / OCtober

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: P.A.A. Ascension SELECT Twist
Blade: Gillette Minora Platinum

Soap: Tabac (tallow)
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Tabac

For my last shave of the (Favorite Music) week I pulled out a few more albums from my most favorite bands to go along with my earlier Metallic and The Beatles posts.

Today's shave included Tabac for Tabactober and my newly acquired P.A.A. Ascension SELECT Twist for Open Comb October.

This is an interesting razor to say the least. You can tightening or loosen the handle to function as an adjustable razor. Being my first use it took me a little time to get it dialed into where I like it, with some blade feel.

Once I got things set I did a three-pass shave. The Tabac was fantastic with its cushioning and scent. All things said, another bbs shave was had.

Much love to Tom Petty R.I.P, Van Halen, The Cars, R.I.P Rick Ocasek and The Killers.

Rock on gentlemen and enjoy your shaves!

View attachment 1537644
Favorite Music Week

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 (face wash)

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit w/ safety bar (has lather drains) base plate (prototype)
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless

Soap: Barrister & Mann Four Horsemen War
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave 1: Proraso
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Post 5: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

I went to "War" today and survived.... just barely. 😓

This was an interesting shave. One I'm not sure I've ever had. I usually take my sweet time because I love basking in the scent of my shaving soaps and honestly don't want my shaving time to end. For me, doing a four-pass shave is a great time and overall time well spent. Not today! I did a quick three-pass shave. I mean quick. 🏃‍♂️

Ever make home made tacos? You know those taco seasoning packets you mix with your ground meat? That's what War smells like, but with some cilantro on top as a garnish. 🦨

I stitched back to my tried and true Nacets with the Alpha Bandit and what do you know? No cuts and only one small weeper. I guess those Minora blades at sharper or something. Either way I'm more than happy with the cut I get from the Nacets so...

The more time I spent with the Bandit the more I get the feeling it could very well be the razor Vikings use, or dare I say, Thor might use. 😲 It really is a finely tuned tool but one that exudes a sense of masculinity. This isn't your son's razor. 😉

As my quick shave came to an end I had to use TWO different aftershaves to try and cover the scent of the soap up and it still didn't work. 😔 I first used Proraso then after five minutes or so threw on some Aqua Velva Ice Sport. ♨️

I'm a very open-minded person. I mean very open-minded. With that said, this soap just doesn't work for me on any accord. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of this soap as I don't think I'll ever use it again. This soap performs well but the scent is a no-go.

That's all for me now... Shave on gentlemen.
Hey, you guessed my ring tone! This is the song I listen to every time I need to get up on stage and give a lecture or training. I do need to watch the road, because my right foot has a tendency to plank it when this is on!

Cheers,

Guido

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Case Red Imp 133 11/16 Full Hollow spike point
Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe Manchurian badger 24mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: I Coloniali
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy After Shave

Blackland Era, level 3
Heritage hill sovereignty ss
Razorock bruce 24mm synthetic
Lustray bay rum a/s

Level 3 plate better for me than level 4 on the Era, and I have a pretty thick beard. Big difference for me… more comfortable. Razor is super smooth but gives really nice feedback.

23A5E68F-118E-40D7-8A42-0C3FCB928478.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CF05C18E-0704-43F1-9CB7-6DBABAF0A42E.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Escape for Men Cologne.

2022-10-15N sotd.jpeg

Pre ..... Shower
Brush ... Omega EVO il Duca
Soap .... Los Jabones de Joserra Rodrigo De Jerez
Razor ... Schick Grip (Type L-3), Schick Twin II
Post .... Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner
Post .... Pre de Provence No. 63 ASB
Finish .. Pre de Provence No. 63 EDT

The Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter

SOTD: 16th October 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Da Barba Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette Super Blue. (D2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Original ASL. /Boots Freshwood ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Cella shave cream provided me with an excellent lather it's such a wonderful performer with its cherry almond fragrance.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. 😎

Sun 16 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Aftershave B&M Vespers Balm
I love this soap's strong scent, especially with the matching balm. The lather was as good too...
Some of my best shaves are from these vintage adjustable razors and today was no exception. Razor paired with the blade+shim was smooth, comfortable, and crisply efficient at the max setting resulting in a bbs finish...
20221016_120431.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom