What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 10th, 2022 to October 16th, 2022 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
E211715A-0A98-4709-AE02-E77C69948F7E.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Power Mountain Water aftershave balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

SOTD: 15th October 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Razor:1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) (Face) - Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head/Dome) (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB. / Oud 24 Hours EdP.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...I have carried on for with my blade focus using the Gillette Super Blue in comparison with the Gillette London Bridge the Verdict? IMHO, I find both blades pretty much equal in both smoothness and efficiency.

The only thing that initially puts shaving xenophobic thoughts in my mind each time i shave with the Gillette Super Blue is the sinister looking image on the cover which looks like the illegitimate love child of Bela Lugosi with a mustache...Besides that, everything is tip top about them.

The mild efficient Gillette Guard performed wonderfully mowing through my head/dome stubble with ease...The pivot design is a great bonus for head shaving. What i like about it is the wide gap open comb head so there is no clogging whatsoever it's super safe for head/dome shaving. The overall finish is DFS and comfortably smooth with no irritation or cuts. If only the handle had more weight, it would be perfect.

The recently purchased Omega 10066 boar brush is becoming one of my favourite boar brushes. I personally find the knot size is perfect for me and is good for both face & bowl lathering its tips are softening with each shave and has plenty of backbone.

I still enjoy using my Semogue boar brushes the knots are denser than the ones fitted in the Omega brushes and the handles are far superior to the Omega ones my favourite is fitted on the Semogue 830, I'm not making myself out to be a connoisseur in Boar shaving brushes, but I still prefer Omega boar brushes. As aways YMMV.

My new Christmas present want list to the big fella with the white beard will now consist of the following.

1. The Omega 11137 boar brush which is near the same knot size as the 10066, the only difference is 1mm and the larger Ash wood handle which will be a great addition to my humble boar brush collection after my re-kindled love for them due to the recent purchase of the Omega 10066.

2. A new batch of Schick II twin injector blades for my Schick I1 Injector 1955-58 the smoothness efficiency, & longevity of these blades is astoundingly good.

3. A refill puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap to keep as a spare.

4. A bottle of Brut Attraction Totale or Sport style ASL and a bottle of P&G old Spice Original ASL, all of which i adore.

Not the most elaborate Christmas present list for myself but a one that will give me lots of joy & pleasure.

A close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Last edited:
Sat 15 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Gillette Super Nacet Platinum 1st
Aftershave B&M Cheshire Balm
An awesome combination of soap, brush, and aftershave...speechless with how good is the lather from the soap...beautiful scent and a rich creamy slick cone of goodness.
Awesome shave too with both the vintage razor paired with the vintage blade (+shim). Super smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish...
20221015_125146.jpg

SOTD, Friday, October 14th, 2022

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Penhaligon's Endymion shave cream
Muehle badger brush
Joris open comb safety razor + Gillette Nacet blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Penhaligon's Endymion cologne

proxy.php
What a fantastic setup! Wow!!

Enjoy!

Guido

The pre-final shave of this week’s music theme. I thought I would end with a song to cover the whole week at once.

Date
365 days of shaving289/288
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober15/31 (100%)
Tabactober9/31 (87%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
9/10 (BBS)
8/10 (couple of weepers)
8/10 (fairly smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW Improved
Gillette 7 o’clock black (3)
DVH Synthetic
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallowbac
Kox Enamel
Cold splash
Chanel Allure (balm)

Notes:

Today is the first day of the rest of my life with my PIFfed goodies. I was very looking forward to this shave with an entirely new for me razor courtesy of @lasta.

The NEW Improved is a smooth, intuitive and a gentle yet super effective razor. No blade feel that I remember. Two passes and a BBS was found.

Ponderings about today’s shave are found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11968506
Very nice shave and love my new razor. Razor stand has been customised already to accommodate this new member of the family
:001_wub:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, OCtober 15 2022

Razor : Gillette old type open comb + tech fat handle, Mfg 1920's, upper mild to tame mid range, this razor was bought in a lot purchase on the big Auction house and was owned by a person who was frugal or a poor person because it came with a ball end handle that was split and was wedged with paper to keep it usable and was used a lot to wear the nickel plating on top cap. How he shaved with it took a lot of skill because you had to pinch and pull at the same time to make a pass or the handle fell off. I added the tech handle to enjoy this interesting razor head.
I like to use it once in a while to be grateful for having a few things in life that some folks just can not afford and it will not be sold as long as I'm around as a reminder of my blessings.
Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon(4), sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Made in India.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat hard soap, nice very mild clean soap scent with excellent lather qualities. I bought this soap thinking it would be a challenge to lather with and I had no issues using my method. All I did as cut a few fine slivers off with my pocket knife into my shave bowl and pressed into bottom of my bowl, wet my brush and squeezed out most water (2 good brush flicks will work also) and started to lather until a paste started and added some spray mist(hand drops of water equivalent) and just stirred some more and added a few drops more ......... until it was time to shave 1-2 minutes later of getting it ready. Secret is just don't add a lot of water at first and this soap is wonderful and a classic great soap formula that has been around since some of the first safety razors where developed in 1890's. Very nice soap IMO.
Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 26mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish spring AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette old type with a Gillette Wilkinson sword blade.
SOTD October 15 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
All I did as cut a few fine slivers off with my pocket knife into my shave bowl and pressed into bottom of my bowl
Interesting idea Ron. So no bowl reserved for MWF then? Just a few slivers like you would with a tiny spoon and a regular cream soap.

Learned something new today thanks!

Guido

WQtaM13 - Imgur.jpg

Saturday SOTD

Today I had the fortune to test two new deliveries - Razorock Game Changer .68 (I already found the .84 to be a bit too aggressive for me) and an I-3 Gillette Slim that I just received in just about new condition. So I loaded them both up with Nacets and went for it, with the Gillette started at a setting of 1. More on that below...

Shower: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0
Razors: Gillette Slim I-3, Razorock Game Changer .68
Blade: Nacet
Soap: The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream/soap
Brush: AP G5C
Bowl: Timeless
Post shave: Cold water, alum, cold water
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming Big Splash Energy
Balm: Proraso Sensitive Green tea and oats

Well, a while back I got a Game Changer .84, but found that I just cut myself to shreds with it. It did get better with time but I'm just a little nervous when using it. So I'm putting it to the back burner and replaced it with a GC .68 hoping it to be milder. It certainly is, but in comparison with the other new item in the stable (Gillette Slim I-3) the Gillette is a much more forgiving razor. I originally started with the Slim set at "1", which I think is way too mild, and then increased it to 2 mid-shave. Even still I think I could go a bit more comfortably. In terms of shave quality, the GC is ever so slightly smoother in the outcome, but the Gillette is SO much easier to shave with. The ending was basically a BBS but the GC left one nick, the Gillette none. So I really like that Gillette!

Scent-wise, it was a Saturday morning fresh shave. The Deep Blue Sea from Stirling really lathers up well and smells fresh and clean but not intrusive. The Body Shop soap/cream also lathers very well and is a nice, cooling, refreshing cream. My first splash with the Big Splash Energy was interesting - you don't smell it in the bottle but when splashed on a very nice coconut aroma comes out, reminding me of a Caribbean beach (where we're headed to soon). So overall a very good morning.

Also got in a good workout this morning, off to do some errands, and then prayer time with my church family, and Saturday evening church service. This is why Saturday is my favorite day. Be well my friends, thanks for reading!

Hey All, pic tells most of SOTD story for a Saturday morning here in NH. Man of a few words, sometimes. Now I was going to go outside grab a bunch of beautiful leaves that have fallen and toss them around the pic. Nah...sorry so I opted for a few cups coffee (Deans Beans -Moka Java!). Blade was Kai > After Shave tune was Aerosmith - Dream On. Results BBS in 2.5 passes...pretty much always nick free (unless the house shakes really bad or I am hit by a bus shaving..lol) ...Live, Love, Share, Care, Shave Free or Die ....BFX!

Attachments

• sotd1.jpg
    sotd1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
20221014_102617.jpg

Razor: Gillette Heritage + 1918 Old Type head
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care: