What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 10th, 2022 to October 16th, 2022 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.
F1BDD6EF-EFE6-4F97-8D54-60E7924F88A0.jpeg

There is that definitely! And the fact that I was ‘lucky’ enough to be born during the rise of the cartridge razor. So 1975 v3’s must be found with a looking glass…ah well…plenty of other very fine razors in my collection to make up for my loss!

Cheers,

Guido
I'll keep an eye out for any V3s I may come across. Similarly, I'm on the hunt for a nice Z2. I've only seen a couple but like I said, if the date code is posted the prices is 💩.

Like you said though. There are plenty of other very fine razors in my collection to make up for the loss!

Cheers.

3B30D7A4-2A87-4B8A-A280-C2638E27581A.jpeg

Favorite Music Week

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 (face wash)

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit w/ safety bar (has lather drains) base plate (prototype)
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless

Soap: Barrister & Mann Four Horsemen War
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave 1: Proraso
Aftershave 2: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Post 5: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

I went to "War" today and survived.... just barely. 😓

This was an interesting shave. One I'm not sure I've ever had. I usually take my sweet time because I love basking in the scent of my shaving soaps and honestly don't want my shaving time to end. For me, doing a four-pass shave is a great time and overall time well spent. Not today! I did a quick three-pass shave. I mean quick. 🏃‍♂️

Ever make home made tacos? You know those taco seasoning packets you mix with your ground meat? That's what War smells like, but with some cilantro on top as a garnish. 🦨

I stitched back to my tried and true Nacets with the Alpha Bandit and what do you know? No cuts and only one small weeper. I guess those Minora blades at sharper or something. Either way I'm more than happy with the cut I get from the Nacets so...

The more time I spent with the Bandit the more I get the feeling it could very well be the razor Vikings use, or dare I say, Thor might use. 😲 It really is a finely tuned tool but one that exudes a sense of masculinity. This isn't your son's razor. 😉

As my quick shave came to an end I had to use TWO different aftershaves to try and cover the scent of the soap up and it still didn't work. 😔 I first used Proraso then after five minutes or so threw on some Aqua Velva Ice Sport. ♨️

I'm a very open-minded person. I mean very open-minded. With that said, this soap just doesn't work for me on any accord. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of this soap as I don't think I'll ever use it again. This soap performs well but the scent is a no-go.

That's all for me now... Shave on gentlemen.

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Osgar 862 5/8 Full Hollow
Brush: Saponificio Varesino LE Manchurian HMW 26mm
Scuttle: Georgetown G12
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Cream: Xpec
Balm: Xpec
Aftershave: Cerruti 1881

Status
Not open for further replies.