What's new

🪒 🪒 🧼 🧼 SOTD - “Favorite Artisans” Theme Week - September 26th, 2022 to October 2nd, 2022 🪒 🪒 🧼 🧼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about out favorite artisans. Soap, brushes, fragrances and even razors!

We want to see you showcase your favourite wetshaving artisans. We are keeping the definition of ”Artisan” very loose and is completely up to you… Rudy Vey brushes and Southern Witchcrafts soaps? Sure! Barrister and Mann soap and a Henson razor? Sure, why not. Brut aftershave from Unilever? Not so much.

Artisans could be a small soap maker, an up and coming brush maker, a new niche fragrance house or a new razor you are excited to tell us all about. Be creative!

Nothing Artisan themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of cool images this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your FAVORITE ARTISAN themed shaving setups!

Hands down, Southern Witchcrafts is my favourite! Awesome quality products with really complex scents, just like my favourite Scotch.

Monday September 26, 2022
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
Razor: Henson ++
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Razor: Gillette Styler
22E1F189-75F1-4F4B-8396-6AFBDC46727D.jpeg

Monday, September 26, 2022.

Flöid pre shave oil. Martin de Candre, Vetiver, shaving soap. H.L. Thater, 4125/4, Faux Ivory Handle 2-Band Bulb Silvertip, 30 mm. John Sellers & Sons, carbon steel 1/2 hollow, ivory scales. Fine, Green vetiver lotion aftershave. Jabonman, Eufros, Vetiver Haiti, balm afyershave. Guerlain, Vetiver, EdT.

101F742B-F342-446C-B2CD-B5AFBA8BC74E.jpeg

Mon 26
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 4th
Aftershave TGS Orange Empire
A great lather from the soap but unfortunately the scent is long gone from the tub.
Good shave with the razor and blade combination. Managed a quick 3passes for a dfs finish...
20220926_113516.jpg

SOTD: 26/09/2022

Razor: Claymore Evolution
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of Something Dark And Gothic
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Without a doubt for me Southern Witchcrafts is my absolute all time favourite. I have no soaps that smell better or perform better. The best though is their balms. They smell devine, are long lasting and don't leave the skin tacky like a lot of others.

So we are into blade and razor combination testing. I want see if a milder blade in the Claymore changes how it feels. Also as I have done the basic tests for a baseline without changing soaps and blade etc I can use more of my tackle so won't have to stare forlornly at my other soaps.

For me a milder blade does help the Claymore although it is more than usable with the normal blade. A damn good shave.

220926.jpg

Date:26.09.2022
Focused participations:26/30 Days in GRUME (formally out at 3.3% but no new purchases)
269/269 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society
Razor:Razorine Flatboy 72
Blade:Personna Red Israeli (1)
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:Haslinger Sandelholz
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG | XTG | ATG
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:5/10 (Cut left of my lips)
Comfort:7/10 (Neutral sensation)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

The Razorine Flatboy is a brutally honest and effective razor. Uncompromising if you do not pay attention or apply too much pressure - as I did this morning! Two passes was already good, but I needed to chase the BBS. I should have stopped at two and the Flatboy was uncompromising in letting me know: a small cut just left of my lips.

My other gear for today was mainstream. Not sure if Haslinger is artisan or not - I think not, but it is a great soap with excellent lathering qualities.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
25789E9A-2936-4321-AFD4-E8E5F84C87C2.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Not sure if NOS Wilkinson Sword twin blade Cartridges count as artisan, but hey ho.

It's a perfect cold, windy and wet Autumn day here in Worcestershire so I went with matching colours and my NOS Colibri Ambassador handle (messing with carts for a little change).

Results with BBS and a great scent too.

IMG_20220926_094203_1.jpg

NOS Wilkinson Sword twin blade

IMG_20220926_094221_1.jpg

Schick I1
Personna injector (2)
Omega 10049
Soutern Witchcrafts - Fougere Nemeta (sample)
Pitralon classic
Balea Sensitive

Used the Pitralon in the past, but now it was quite some while ago (> year). Still very much a classic as far as I'm concerned, great AS. The soap is lovely as well. Sample still has plenty left, at least enough for the rest of this week.

View media item 69848

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, SEptemper 26 2022

Razor : Gem 1912 OC- Mfg 1912-15, the real McCoy first production run of the 1912's (Rarity), Tame mid range, built to last (over 100 yrs ago) I get some of my best Gem shaves with this razor. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice fresh minty Lavender + excellent lather qualities. I hardly ever have any irritation or nicks with any of my Lavender soaps. Lavender Rocks!
Brush : Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD Septemper 26 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD: 26/09/2022

Razor: Claymore Evolution
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of Something Dark And Gothic
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Without a doubt for me Southern Witchcrafts is my absolute all time favourite. I have no soaps that smell better or perform better. The best though is their balms. They smell devine, are long lasting and don't leave the skin tacky like a lot of others.

So we are into blade and razor combination testing. I want see if a milder blade in the Claymore changes how it feels. Also as I have done the basic tests for a baseline without changing soaps and blade etc I can use more of my tackle so won't have to stare forlornly at my other soaps.

For me a milder blade does help the Claymore although it is more than usable with the normal blade. A damn good shave.

View attachment 1528672
Totally agree! I can't wait for the Autumn Ash balm to be available! I still have a little in my sample bottle. a little really does go a long way!

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootleggers Perfecto Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano EDC (decant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom