What's new

🍾 ⌚️ 👔 SOTD - “FANCY WEEK” August 8th, 2022 to August 14th, 2022 🍾 ⌚️ 👔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday August 9 - a bit "Fancy" but not very

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (17)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MWF
Post: Osma alum, rinse, Portland General Store black willow bark toner

My last shave was last Tuesday, so exactly a week worth of stubble to mow. As usual, one pass did it. That at least gets me to a Socially Acceptable Shave of looking reasonably neatly clean shaven, which is all I need right now.

The blade is still doing fine. No complaints at all from the alum.

It is hot and muggy here, which always gives me a problem with skin oil and a bit of an acne flare-up. The PGS willow toner with its salicylic acid is just the ticket for that. I shaved after showering, then after my shave, I used a cotton pad to apply the toner not just to the area I shaved but to my entire face, chest and shoulders. Problem solved.

PGS made good all-natural products -- the toner and also an alpine-scented shave jelly that was quite nice. Pity they went out of business during the pandemic...

Hope everyone has a good week!

Copper is what I fancy. Love the beauty and feel of it. The old charcoal goods design are favorites.
Imagepipe_10.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, August 9th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready 1912 with a modified Gem Micromatic handle, Mfg 1936- 53, nice mid range, well built and takes the modern Gem blade still. Joy to use and easy to shave the face with.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Speick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. Triple milled soap in a stick very nice.
Brush : Yaqi Bali 24mm silvertip badger, new brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of Neutrogena Hydro boost moisturizing lotion(scentless)testing).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Ever-Ready1912 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD August 9 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

4D07E6A3-44DB-4157-BD11-8624B6F9D1FE.jpeg

I had a great shave
I let my brush soak and soap bloom as I took my shower. The pre shave oil helped lock in moisture as I lathered in my bowl. The Yaqi DLC and Gillette Platinum made short work of my 21 hr stubble. I had a 1.5 pass shave with lots of buffing my face, my neck got one cautious pass I didn’t go for bbs. The splash smells great and I’ve got the same body lotion to compliment the scent after it begins to wear off.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_2177 (1).png

Wednesday 08.10.22
Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Brush: Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Soap: ‌Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood Shaving Cream

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge Jet Black
Blade: Personna (3)
Brush: EJ XL Horn Silvertip Fibre
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: L & L Grooming TSM Fougère
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: TSM Fougère

08/09/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Monstroso Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap - Epic Festive Fall Scent
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Immortal Peach Seasonal CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap-Mentholated
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
The Club Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Kaizen Base Shaving Soap
Maritime Brush Co. Cenote 24mm Black Ash Burl with Premium M5C Fan Synthetic (SHD) Knot
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Wolfman WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 Mirror Polished SS Handle
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 3rd Shave
The Razor Company Gray Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
The Club Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Aftershave Splash
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Phoenix Shaving Droid Black Artisan Natural Deodorant Sport Strength Homage to Floïd Black
The Holy Black Limited Edition Galleon Grease Pomade​
B IMG_1487.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom