What's new

🇸🇪 🇺🇦 🇬🇷 🇨🇭 SOTD "European Theme Week" November 7, 2022 to Nov 13th, 2022 🇮🇹 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇪🇸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonjour/Hola/Ciao B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “European Shaving Gear”.

I picked this theme a bit selfishly as I will be in France and Spain next week and need some shaving gear shopping ideas. So help me spend some $$$ with some cool European gear SOTDs!

This weekly theme is fun and easy… we just want to see your shaving stuff from Europe or have you incorporate items from Europe into your SOTD photos! Bought a new brush from Germany or Spain lately? Loving a newly acquired Italian or Ukrainian soap or a fragrance from France? Show us and tell us all about it.

Nothing European themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your European gear!

11/07/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Monstroso Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap - Epic Festive Fall Scent
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Artisan Shaving Soap - Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Green Ray - 24mm Hybrid Tribble Synthetic Brush
The Ca Yuen Workshop - The Large "Kryptonite" Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Dish
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Gillette 1954 Z3 TTO Flair Tip Razor
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Beige and Black Luxury Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
The Holy Black Seven Deadly Sins Envy Pomade
B IMG_2109.jpeg

Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick (D1)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 Limited Edition Badger\Boar
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½” Walnut/Cherry
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Tiki Soaps Bay Rum w Lime Iced
Balm: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum w lim

Leaf Shave - Twig
Polsilver stainless (vintage)
Omega 10019
Cella almond (red)
Balea Sensitive ASB
Davidoff - Adventure edt

This little Twig razor is rapidly becoming my favorite one for a effortless and pleasant daily shave (or 2 days ;-) ).

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, November 7th 2022

Razor : Gem junior 1912 with baton handle- Mfg 1943 variant, excellent tame mid range, the handle is very ergonomic in the hand for comfort and creates its own stand. Built to last and very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock American barber, excellent barber shop scent 6-7strength + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard knot, excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent brush. Favorite synthetic brush and a very enjoyable lathering face feel for myself. Mixes all soaps no problem!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD November 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

qJIgGA6 - Imgur.jpg

HSOTD/SOTD 11/7/22

Shower: Nivea Men+Care soap bar
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0
Razor: Rex Konsul (set at 2)
Blade: PermaSharp (day 2)
Soap: RazorEmporium Autumn Nights
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Post Shave: CWR, Alum block, Thayer's Alum and WH
After Shave: Razor Emporium Autumn Nights
Balm: Zingari Man unscented balm
Mustache oil: Grave before Shave Bay Rum

WOW! The Razor Emporium Autumn Nights smells SOOOO good! First time I've tried it and it shoots itself right to the top of my favorites list - MUST BUY MOAR!!! Curious if this is a rebrand of another regular stocking scent or if its an exclusive, its something I don't want to be without.

I'm still breaking in the Konsul and trying different blades. The PermaSharp is SO much smoother than the Nacets on my skin. I have a few more to try. Today's shave wasn't bad but I found myself buffing a lot so maybe I need to turn the adjustment up a bit.

I think I've also determined that the PAA Cube is a necessity. Really makes a big difference - without it I have stuttering and such, with it the skin stays smooth, no stuttering.

Also the Atomic Rocket brush is new - works nicely, I really like it and I think it's not my #1 brush.

Thanks for reading - blessings to all my shaving brothers and I wish you a wonderful week full of joy. Keep looking up!

SotD

Nightdiver Barbershop S2 (Germany)- Shaving Brush
Areffasoap (Ukraine) Phantom of Kyiv - Shaving Soap.
New GreenCult 2.0 (Austria) with Base IV from IV (1.05mm/0.20mm) - Safey Razor
Astra Green (St. Petersburg) - Blade
Areffasoap (Ukraine) Phantom of Kyiv - After Shave

-

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wasn’t yet into wetshaving when this soap came out, but I was able to borrow it off my father-in-laws stash to give it a try. A nice fruity and almost earthy/stormy scent, always fun giving older soaps a go.

Razor: Shield Double Edge
Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts with Boti Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Adumbrare
Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Blugère
Blade: Gillette Platinum

DDD37FA4-3EDA-41CF-AA26-0C714EC9C56D.jpeg

20221106_083735.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb Gold Bumpless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime