Aftershave: Davidoff Cool Waters

IMG_20220807_031707.jpg

Pre Shave: Droyt's transparent Glycerine soap
Shaving Cream: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: The Guv’nor, Badger
DE razor: Journeyman
Blade: Baili Green Platinum
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Protect & Care

A better shave today. The razor is not mild. The blade is my favourite -8 shaves so far, sometimes reaches 12, and comfortable. I'm lucky to get half that number of shaves with any other blade.
The better shave meaning close, with no redness. The only changes from the day before - I went back to TOBS, and a bit of advice from Dan of The Shaving Shack. He says when you are doing your third pass ATG, reduce the angle to 10°.
It worked for me.

2022-08-06N sotd.jpeg

Pre .......... Hot water Soak
Brush ....... Brad Sears w/L7 (28mm 3 Band Super)
Soap ........ Grooming Dept Tobacco Oud (Kairos)
Razor ....... Tedalus Essence, Feather Proguard
Touch-ups . Blackland Vector, Kai Titan Mild ProTouch MG
Post ......... Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner
Post ......... Pitralon Pure AS
Finish ....... Bvlgari Man in Black for Men EDP

This was a maiden voyage with Tobacco Oud soap, which performed superbly. IMO the scent is great too, and it was quite pleasant throughout the shave.

Sun 7 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Shark Platinum 4th
Aftershave Stirling MitA Splash
Wonderful soap and matching splash for a hot day! Cooling sensation, very nice scent, and a lovely lather whip-up by my top shelf softest badger brush...
Today's session with one of my top DE razors paired with the blade provided a fantastic shave!! Very enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. It was very audible but smooth and efficient...
20220807_141541.jpg

SOTD : 7th August 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D5)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Derby soap bowl provides a wonderful dense slick protective lather, which is equal to the shave stick if not better for it's lather density IMHO...The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception the scent vanishes after i have done my cold water face.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0559FC68-971C-4896-9646-F5D3240BFEAD.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko Shave Sticks grated into a puck.
3) USA: Razor Gillette MiLord.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Blue Stratos Aftershave Lotion.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, August 7th 2022, I like to try ideas on possibly improving the blades available for the Schick injectors, I'm still longer testing with the Kai protouch blade sniped at one end and stone any burrs results are good when using the Schick injector adjustable M3 to find that sweet spot for the Protouch. The AC 50mm blades are easy for me to shorten to the shorter 40mm approximately length blades that are in the Schick injectors. Excellent shave this morning with no issues with injector wide open.
Razor : Schick adjustable razor model 3- Mfg 1970-72, one of the best Schick razors made IMO, I like using the regular blades on lower settings 2-3 works well for me, Kai Protouch works well with a little more aggressive settings IMO.
Blade : Kai Protouch modified(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. The Kai Protouch helps prevent the blade from digging in, I really enjoy this blade in my shavette also.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, the scent is very nice with a slight lemon scent + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations to design their recent soaps.
Brush : Yaqi "ever helpful" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel cleanse+ Yaqi Musketeer AS (very nice scent but fleeting) + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector with a modified Kai Protouch blade.(Yesterdays shave was very close with the Katana Astra combo and not much for the blade to take off this morning but it did the job very well!)
SOTD August 7.88 2022.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom