What's new

SOTD: December 27, 2010 through January 2nd, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myrsol antesol | Vie-Long 021 Limited edition AC |Stick Speick | Mug pairpoint | Wilkinson Pall Mall | Alum | Thayers original | Sul filo del rasoio.

proxy.php

Shave for tomorrow :)

proxy.php

Wednesday

proxy.php

Yesterday

proxy.php

proxy.php

Following the light. Great pics.

Wednesday, 12-29-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Schick Krona - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn shaving cream - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Pinaud Clubman + AS Gel JASÖN 6 in 1.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Prorasso Cream lathered with my simpsons brush

Derby Blade in the Merkur 38C

Clinique Post Shave Healer

A dash of Crabtree & Evelyn's Sienna

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Razor: Iwasaki 2-chou gake (二丁垳) Kamisori
Brush: 22mm New Forest Silvertip Badger
Überlather: Floris "JF" Shave Creme + Floris "JF" Triple Milled Shave Soap + Glycerin
Astringent: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
Cologne: Creed Original Vetiver
Results: I received this Iwasaki a couple of weeks ago and decided to field test it today. Firstly, her tip is certainly mellower than my Hanamasa Kamosori, indicating a less than worrisome shave. Secondly, the blade is much heavier (by weight) than the Hanamasa...I love the feel of this beauty in my hands. The waxed cotton handles provided for a secure grip during my shave. The Floris überlather set the stage for this wonderful shave by providing for a super moisturizing and thick lather and a scent that is out of this world. The Iwasaki had no problem wiping the 24-hr stubble from my face. A beautiful shave indeed; BBS and smooth all the way.

View attachment 137919

View attachment 137921

I am ready for tonight...we are going for a dinner cruise to celebrate my cousin's 60th (surprise) birthday. I am looking forward to seeing my 2nd cousins (Some of you may have heard of them, The Hughes Brothers...they produced/directed the "Book of Eli", among other movies)...it's been too long.

2 shots for your viewing pleasure (from different angles). Have a great Tuesday guys
proxy.php
Awesome pic and set up :thumbup:

This little Apollo razor I picked up glides nicely, possibly due to the heavy guard bar or the thick chrome plating. Or maybe it's the shaving cream...

Wednesday Afternoon Shave:

Truefitt & Hill Rose shave cream
Shavemac Custom D01 Silvertip
Gillette Swede
1948-50 Aristocrat
La Toja A/S
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort A/S balm

Wade & Butcher Frame Back
VDH Pure Boar Brush
Home Made Oatmeal Shave Soap
Ice Blue Aqua Velva

" I'm happy in two ":tongue_sm

I've been out of town and gave my brother-in-law my travel brush (in hopes that he'd give his grandfather's Ever Ready a try) so I haven't shaved in a few days.

Today:

Penworks Finest (22mm)
AOS Sandalwood SS
Red Tip
Witch Hazel
Trumper's Coral Skin Food
Eucris

Wednesday:

Simpson Astor LE
Valobra stick; grated
EJ DE89 with Super Iridium
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel w/ alcohol
Neutrogena Post-Shave Lotion
Knize 10

Thursday morning:

Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Derby (3)
Soap: QED Wild Orange
Brush: Vulfix 1000a
A/S: Adidas Deep Energy
ASB: Gaia Organic

Rooney 3/1 in Super//Arlington Shave Soap//Arlington AS//Le Grelot 6/8, 3/4 Hollow

proxy.php

A rainy cold day in SoCal so I thought I'd use a summer scent:001_smile

Here's a picture of a Filly #14 Novodur I just got a little while ago:thumbup1:

proxy.php

Thursday morning:

Chubby2| Tabac| Futur + Derby| Speick ASB| l'Occitane Eau des Baux

proxy.php

I have been trying to use up some products in order to tidy my den somewhat. The Arko stick was finished yesterday and I am starting on the remains of my Tabac puck this morning- I guess that it will last less than a month. After using something for a week or two, it is easier to decide whether or not the product is worthwhile......

Thursday:
Geo.F.Trumper brush
T.O.B.S Avocado s/c
Merkur HD
Proraso a/s splash
First shave with the Merkur for a long time and very comfortable :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom