What's new

🏝 🎄🥂 “SOTD - Christmas/Holidays Theme Week” DECEMBER 19th - DECEMBER 25th, 2022 ✝️ 🕎 🎅

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time again for another SOTD Theme Week! Let’s see your festive SOTD images this week.

Let’s see let’s see those Christmas Trees, Hanukkah Menoras, Kwanzaa Kinaras, Festivus Poles, etc. Or maybe a pic shaving with your ugliest holiday sweater or a glass of that high octane egg nog that helps you cope with the family over the holidays! Holiday themed soaps and aftershaves? Baking cookies to bring to the office to impress your boss? Let’s see ‘em!

Are you lucky enough to be on a cruise or lying on a tropical beach? That counts as a holiday and we wanna see it! Are you getting all spiffy for midnight mass? Let’s see your shave setup. Opened a great bottle of wine or booze this week? Tell us about it or incorporate it into a photo.

This isn’t only about that old dude with the white beard. Per usual, if you don’t have anything festive… post your shave or tell us about it anyways! As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Have a Happy and safe Holiday season, All!!!

E55AD816-86AF-4441-9F61-FD478A075770.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
B704B6DF-513E-4D00-B064-B4784581DAAB.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Bolzano.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 19
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Nice soap for the lather qualities and together with the matching splash...a wonderful scent. The brush is just awesome!
An enjoyable shave with this hefty razor refreshed again on the LaLune with oil. The edge feels softer and crispier...some improvement I guess. I will put this razor through the diamond balsa next to see any difference. Managed bbs-ccs finish in 3 passes with 1 red spot today...
20221219_092349.jpg

19 December, 2022

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Bolzano
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra: Blas de Lezo
Fragrance: Signature Tabac by Zaharoff.

today is another by Los Jabones de Joserra, and yet again it scores an 11 on a ten scale. Those that are familiar with Los Jabones de Joserra know I speak the truth.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Brush
Omega 81052 Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Seventh excellent shave with the Timeless – Personna Combo. I am still getting great shaves with this combination. I am not sure how many more shaves I can get out of this blade. Switched to a boar brush today. The boar made it easier to load since the hole in the middle of the soap is quite large. The Omega had no trouble in making excellent lather. An excellent BBS shave. Have a good one, gents.

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Protouch MG
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer

proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 12/19/22

Shower: Stirling Honey and Oatmeal bar soap
PreShave: PAA Cube 2.0
Razors: Tatara Muramasa (set on 4) and Yates 921-H
Blades: PermaSharp, both day 1
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: A&E Signature
Balm: Bossman Colotion, Stagecoach
AfterShave: Proraso Green

Today I'm breaking in two new razors, Tatara Muramasa and Yates 921-H (also have the M plate). They're both awesome razors and the Muramasa has been on my list to acquire for some time. Finally got one!

The other thing new is "Bossman Colotion" - its a lotion-based fragrance, but it has a lot of goodies in it so I used it like a balm today and followed it with a relatively non-scented Proraso Green. The saddleback fragrance is very strong leather - and it paired really well with the very strong notes of Bourbon in the A&E Signature soap, which by the way is a lot of awesomeness right there.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "Colotion" - interesting idea, I'll see how my wife likes the scent. Its not overly inviting to my nose...

The shaves - well the Muramasa is an adjustable, so I'd compare that to my Rex Ambassador, Konsul, Heritage Gibbs, Vintage Gillettes, Rockwell 6, etc. Overall its a pretty efficient razor. I haven't found the "spot" yet where it feels like a good tradeoff of efficiency and comfort, but its not bad. It handles well and has a great form factor which I like a lot. Its pretty low profile as well. So overall its not bad - I'm not sure I'll say its in a spot to become my favorite, so I may pass it off at some point to someone else who wants to try one, we'll see.

The Yates on the other hand - now that's an awesome razor! It really shaves nicely, both the M and H plates. There's a good deal of feedback, both tactile and aural. I really like that, you can feel and hear when you're cutting, much more so than most of my other razors. It handles very nicely and the handle is longer than most and as such is quite easy to grip and move around in the hand. The shave quality is superb - very efficient while being very safe. So it moves up a few slots into that "pretty awesome" range of just a really good shave (along with RR GC.84, Rex Konsul, etc). I think its a keeper. The next one I'm on the lookout for is a Timeless Ti95 - so might grab one of those soon as I hear from others that makes a great daily razor, and I shave daily.

Overall it was a great BBS shave on both sides.

Rough weekend - I was sick with a migraine yesterday and missed an event that we were going to go help feed and clothe the homeless. My wife ended up going while I tried to sleep off the migraine. Feeling somewhat better today thankfully. Another week of work til holiday offtime, yahoo!

Thanks for reading gents, blessings to you all and please, do keep looking up!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, December 19th 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline 2nd generation, Mfg 1949-53, excellent upper mid range, one of the best looking ASR razors in IMO with the heavy base plate. It took a while to figure this Jewel out with a RIGS >shim:001_smile. The razor was designed with blade stops forward as close to the safety bar for aggression and efficentcy. No information on that anywhere so it was pictures and through trial and error that I figured it out. The Streamline shaves are stellar with good technique and knowing what the razor is designed to accomplish IMO. I like to use my Streamline near 6-10 shaves on the blade for excellent results mostly giving my other ASR razors a chance in rotation. Great razor + great shave this morning!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Gillette Pure Cream- nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Make excellent ubber lather also.
Brush : Yaqi "Black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, this brush got me on the Yaqi brand years ago. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Ever-Ready Streamline 2nd Gen with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Dec 19 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom