Personna Medical Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my 5th shave with my UK Aristocrat loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. The razor/blade combo continues to impress me. The soap is on its 19th use. The brush is one of my smaller brushes. As a result, I have to go back to load the brush to get sufficient lather for my head. Nevertheless, it was a perfect shave. Have a great day.

2 sotd's, I only had time today to take pics and post

13-1 (birthday shave):

Blackland Blackbird Lite SS
Schick Super stainless (2)
Mühle Silver Tip Fibre
Tabac soap, ASB and AS

proxy.php

14-1

Blackland Blackbird Lite SS
Schick Super stainless (3)
Omega 10049
Stirling Sheep
Balea ASB
Calvin Klein Man edt

proxy.php

14 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: GSB
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Løthur: Samber
Fragrance: L'Elégant by MDCI

It's been a long time since I used a Silver Blue.. now I remember why I have 200 of them. ;) I was so impressed with Lonny that I added Samber to my collection... I was not disappointed.

Razor: Fatboy
Blade: Lord SS (11)
Brush: Omega 10049
Lather: Stirling Agar
Balm: TOBS Mr. Taylor’s Luxury balm
Aftershave: Bootlegger’s Perfecto Maduro

The Fatboy qualifies as a “cheapie.” On one side the door or safety bar or both are sprung causing the blade to bounce while shaving. It’s only safe to use one side. So it only cost $12.00.

F4A8750B-3841-43F3-AB52-77F902327D24.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, January 14th 2023

Razor : Gillette slim - Mfg 1962 H1, Excellent adjustable, some tab overhang to be aware of, made to last generations. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette silver blue (5) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda, very nice lavender scent with some herb mint freshness + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Mountain lake" 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + Geo F Trumper sandalwood skin food. (nice light Sandalwood and light herbal scent. Nice post skin feel, 1st use.)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette slim with a GSB blade.
SOTD Jan 14 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Saivor 2.0 (Russian DE which takes two DE Blades)
Blade: Willy's x2
Brush: Pearl 30mm Knot Synthetic
Shaving Stick: Easy Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Woody's Aftershave Tonic
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Men

hey so fancied using the Savoir 2.0 russian de razor which takes 2 DE blades,

so had to pull out two willys for this one loool 🤣😈

so first time using two willys de blades,
they're sharp and smooth,
I have to say they're one of the most comfortable blades ive used and I love them, as you can tell you can usually tell whether you like something or not after a few strokes, or course YMMV

I got that Woodys aftershave tonic from tk maxx but I was thinking it was just aftershave so first time I used aftershave tonic and it's more like a oil, so like a balm in a sense, I like it wasn't too bad too fair

Overall a superb shave, thoroughly enjoyed it and this de is one of my favourites and it's hybrid open comb and safety bar too, underrated...

On a side note been enjoying using alum block recently, did stop for a while

p.s even though cba using the proraso preshave lol

IMG_20230114_144204.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom