411FB4A5-089E-4F49-A79A-ACE732CB7D36.jpeg

Shave Yahtzee (55225 / Single-Edge Sunday / Cheapies Week / BADGERary

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: Gem Push-Botton ('60s)
Blade: Gem by Personna

Soap: Stirling Soap Company Sandpiper
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready
Bowl: Tillamook Cobalt

Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC

By chance, I just so happened to roll a Personna blade and a Gem razor. This was very interesting because Personna is the only brand of single-edge blade I have on my Shave Yahtzee chart. Lucky me.

Today's roll was also quite timely as the Gem Push-Botton fits right in with Single-Edge Sunday. 😉

The Shave Gods switched things up and gave me a turn at using some Stirling Soap Company shave soap, so for today I opted to go with the every glorious Sandpiper. Its scent is sophisticated, crisp, and masculine with a top note of cardamom, middle notes of bergamot, cedar, and lavender, and base notes of vetiver and caraway. This scent is a real "safe" "winner" for just about all men. You could very easily be happy with Sandpiper as a blind buy.

The Tillamook bowl has a great cobalt blue color and is the perfect width for whipping up an awesome lather with the Heritage Collection Ever-Ready brush. This brush never fails with its White High Mountain badger hair. It's just so soft at the tips and splays with ease! I know I'm in for a treat when I use this brush.

The Gem razor was light but too light. The head has a little weight and a pretty shallow angle built in. The handle feel wasn't the best in my opinion. You do need to keep your thumb on the black bump at the bottom to keep a good grip on the razor but it's just a minor gripe.

I did a four-pass shave and ended up with a nice bbs shave. I then finished things off with some nice Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne. If you haven't tried this one, you should!

Happy Sunday and enjoy your shaves!

Attachments

• 8EA2D449-7923-4DDA-A447-75E90D23CE31.jpeg
    8EA2D449-7923-4DDA-A447-75E90D23CE31.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
1/15/23
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
11/16 George Wostenholm "Pipe Razor"
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Reef Point Admiralty Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD1-15-23.jpg

SOTD: 17th January 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D1)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Benjamin's Mentholated Bay Rum./ Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

An acceptable performance from the WS Sword Premium TTO, paired together with the Treet classic feeling smooth and efficient.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom