What's new

<<< SOTD - “Cheapie” Theme Week - January 9th, 2023 to January 15th, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, B&Bers! I hope 2023 is starting out well for you!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Cheapie Shaving Setups”.

Many of us are now broke as the credit card bills from the holidays startEd rolling in, so let’s try to be frugal this week and use some of our least expensive shaving gear!

So for this week, put away the $300 Silvertip badger brushes, Wolfman razors, KAI and Med Prep blades and $50 tubs of soap!

We want to see your inexpensive soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, blades and any other shaving accessories that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. Show us and tell us all about what you use that is inexpensive. If you bought a rare vintage razor at a thrift shop for dirt cheap, that counts too!

Nothing SE themed? You must be rich! But please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of cheapie themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your Cheapie shaving gear!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A4379889-CA03-4C67-80E7-6C3A5CD367CD.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 9
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Elliott 'Fine India Steel' 13/16
Aftershave Proraso Green Balm
Nice enough soap for the creamy and slick lather with a light scent, but the balm is good. The brush is a delight to use.
Today's shave session was short of time, so just 2 passes with this excellent razor for a bbs-ccs finish without any issues...
20230109_135210.jpg

sotd 9-1-2023

Skipped the weekend, so it was about time to have a decent shave! This razor requires less pressure than the Blackbird Lite I used all of last week!

Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Schick Super Stainless (vintage)
Omega 10049
Speick Men Active
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Lilac Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Lavender Mallard
Brush
Maggard’s 28 mm Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my 5th and final shave with my Merkur 37C and Wizamet blade. I could feel the blade getting dull. The brush easily made a nice, rich lather. This is the 13\4th day in a row using the GD soap. The soap continues to perform nicely. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week.

9 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra: Sweet & Dandy

as you can probably tell by now, I have a real liking for Los Jabones de Joserra.. what can I say? They have that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that brings immense joy to my shaving experience.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, January 9th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready 1912, Mfg 1936-55 England, excellent mid range, very well designed razor and built to last with some care, very smooth this morning for a stellar shave. Very enjoyable shaves of lately with all my razors it seems!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Classic, nice sweet almond & cherry scent with excellent lather qualities. Very nice soap + affordable.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber, great lather painter. With the 22mm HD knot with a slightly shorter loft with this badger, might be ideally designed for the person who really enjoys the scrub but with no scritch. Very enjoyable brush to use this morning for a nice change.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber(Razorock) Amici:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent stellar shave with my Ever-Ready 1912 with a coated Gem blade. (It does not get much better a shave for myself.)
SOTD Jan 9 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom