🇨🇦 🍁 🏒 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week” 🍁 🇨🇦 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 23
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby Boar
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
Fantastic performance from this soap. The excellent brush whips a creamy, slick lather and smells good + the splash...even better. This razor for today's shave was just super...after stroping on the Kangaroo leather...the edge was soft buttery smooth and very efficient. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230327_122446.jpg

SOTD 27-Mar
20230327_073725.jpg

Brush: C&H 'Eyespot'
Soap: A&E Snake Venom
Razor: CG Gen 1 Level 3
Blade: Wizamet (Z-1)

Nice shave this morning, growth was slow back after yesterday's straight so the level 3 was a bit of overkill.

Otherwise not much else to report, nice kick off to the week and with luck it'll continue to go just as well.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

23-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Titanium Satin Lite, Perma Sharp (# 20) :: Thäter TSN 2017 :: Barrister & Mann, The Four Horsemen, Death :: Lea 3 en 1 :: Floïd, Mentolado Vigoroso

proxy.php

26-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Mellon, Perma Sharp (# 22) :: Semogue SOC Butterscotch, Finest badger :: Álvarez Gómez :: Álvarez Gómez, bálsamo :: Myrsol, After-shave Blue

proxy.php

27-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Wolfman Guerrilla SB 2023, Perma Sharp (# 23) :: Rubberset 400 :: Barrister & Mann, Atomic Holiday :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

proxy.php

Salut!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
AP Shaving Tuxedo Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Third day using the Mergress XL and Med Prep combo. Today’s brush is the AP Shaving Tuxedo synthetic. I have had this brush for some time and it responds nicely to loading the bush and making nice lather. The MdC is being used for the 56th time. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, March 27th 2023

Razor : Gem Junior bar, Mfg 1907-11, mild to tame mid range, well made to last a few more generations with a little care, made from brass sheet stamped and pressed very accurately to form a beautiful looking and functional razor even to accurate standards of today IMO.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock American Barber, sharp linear unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem SS blade.

SOTD March 27 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Closing out the week with an insanely good shave.

Razor: Perfectwork Suzuki 66
Soap: MacDuff's Aspen Parkland unscented 🇨🇦
Brush: Parker badger
Post: MacDuff's Aspen Parkland unscented aftershave splash 🇨🇦

Three passes and as close to a perfect shave as you're gonna get. BBS almost everywhere and "only" DFS in the usual places.

I really really like this aftershave splash from MacDuff's. My only complaint is that it has a weird, off-putting smell when you first put it on, but that disappears in a few minutes. I’ve only ever used balms and moisturizers for post shave, so I didn’t have high hopes when a bottle of liquid arrived in the mail. As soon as I used it, my opinion changed!

IMG_0227.JPG

SOTD March 27th
GRUME-30/31er

Hello friends,

Cloudy Monday around here. Today, I opted for a classic shave: Edwin Jagger 89, Feather, Mitchell’s Wool Fat, Omega Jade and Lilac Vegetal.
It’s always good to remember what a wonderful razor the EJ89 is. The old-fashioned choice of a smooth razor and a sharp new blade always delivers enormous pleasure. Above all, comforted by the protection of MWF. And, well, as for Veggie, my friends, it looks like I'm one of the chosen. But, I must confess that now that I smell like cat pee, my dog is giving me the strangest look…

Accompanying this adventure, the great Bill Evans Trio.

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

6BAE3216-9938-44D9-80B9-350AB53B86C9.jpeg
7C6F1499-760E-401E-8EC6-EADACC3B9C5C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom