What's new

🇨🇦 🍁 🏒 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week” 🍁 🇨🇦 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s time again for another SOTD Theme Week, eh? Let’s see your SOTD that contains at least one item made in Canada!

Let’s see your Rockwell, Karve, Razorock, Wolfman and Canadian made vintage Gillette razors! Show us your First Canadian Shave, Highland Springs, Rocky Mountain, Henri et Victoria and Canadian Shaving Co. soaps and aftershaves! Spiffo and Fendrihan Brushes too!

Don’t have anything Canadian? Using non-Canadian shaving gear while eating back bacon, poutine, ketchup chips or Kraft Dinner works too! Have a rare maple syrup soap or AS? Pounding back a couple of Molson Canadians or Labatt’s Blues? Just mixed a Crown Royal or Canadian Club and Coke? Yes, yes and yes!

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Have fun!

9489E14D-1424-4025-8A53-F0D1B1DC1B74.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A54017A4-4EE7-4524-B81B-1FB28B58AB21.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic brush.
2) United Kingdom: Shaving Cream Hawkins & Brimble Elemi & Ginseng Shaving Cream.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) China: Aftershave Balm John Barclay Aftershave Balm.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Refreshing Breeze Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD 20-Mar
20230313_134104.jpg

Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: AE Club N' Roses
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)

Cracking shave this morning, nice smooth shave for an equally smooth finish. The Roses was a random soap buy initially, but I actual really liked the scent so decided to complete the set, and happy I did.

Smooth, smelling good and ready for the week to kick off.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
The second day in a row using the ATT S-1 paired with a Wizamet blade. Another smooth, comfortable, close shave. Today’s brush is made by Rudy Vey. It has the Shavemac D01 Silvertip knot in it. Some folks think this brush is too stiff but it works fine with me. It always has an easy time making some nice, rich lather. Today is the 49th shave with the MdC soap. A nice, BBS shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2020 Limited Edition 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Cucumber Witch Hazel/Rolda Freestyle Aftershave
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

proxy.php

proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 3/20/23

Spent the past 10 days in Italy, had a great time, took our family for a spring break trip through Milan, Florence and Rome. Saw lots of great history, cars (Lamborghini factory), and of course, food. I did my best to find great Italian shaving goods, alas I didn't find much to bring home. A few tubes of Palmolive, and a little Ferragamo (since the hotels we stayed at were owned by the Ferragamo group, they had many samples and such laid out).

So today is a tribute, since I didn't take any of my DE goods with me, and I was really looking forward to a real shave again. So today, Palmolive, Floid, and Proraso green balm, and of course the Yates 921 EH Titanium and Gillette 7 o'clock.

Feeling blessed that we had a safe and uneventful trip, that we were able to do such a great trip in the first place, and that we are back home again in Texas. Feels good to be home, nonetheless. Oh, and one last thing, a view from our hotel room in Rome, looking at the Coliseum about 100 yards away, and the Ludus Maximus directly below.

Cheers mates!

Mon 20
Soap CBL Tonsorial Cigar Shop Hombre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershave Stirling Haverford Splash
The soap's lather & scent is just great! Topped off with the matching splash...super!
Another excellent shave with this razor after stroping on the Kangaroo leather. The roo is really making my edges buttery smooth yet very efficient and it's a delight to shave a 2 days stubble. 3passes for a bbs finish!
20230320_171435.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom