What's new

🇨🇦 🍁 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week” DECEMBER 6th - DECEMBER 12th, 2021 🍁 🇨🇦

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 9th December 2021.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D4)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A fantastic shave to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

The Derby Usta/EJ DE 89 duo has been outstandingly good. Each and every shave with the Derby Usta throughout the week has been smooth comfortable, & efficient. If i didn't have such a vast amount of DE blades to use up i would put an order in for a 100 Derby Usta's instantly.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D20579C0-A31E-4430-BE8B-8BEC402152D6.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick grated into a puck.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue Cologne.

2A20B415-B010-4EBE-9B23-E962E41B5FE7.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 9, 2021

I enjoyed another lovely shave this morning featuring a very good soap with a great post shave skin feel. In fact, it was so good that the Florida Water AS Splash was almost an afterthought. The Viking Silvertip Badger did a terrific job whipping up the two types of lather I enjoy with my morning shave, light and liquidy for the mug and thick and yogurty for the dome.

As many of you know, Thistle Cut straight razors originating in NY and finishing in Fremont, OH used a particularly fine-grained NY/PA originated steel in their blades that is capable of holding an incredibly sharp edge, almost too sharp. I own two models, the beautiful little 5/8 I shaved with this morning and a little shorty model called the “Persian”.

This is one of only a few models of razor where I lightly score the completed edge along the corner of my finishing stone after running it through a regular honing progression, a trick I learned from Howard Schlecter here, a Boston based honemeister. This removes the accumulated burr buildup. Five or six very light laps on the Suehiro 20k restored a buttery smooth edge that left me “smooth as a peach” after two and a half mug passes, as a Swedish shave brother of mine likes to say.

I truly enjoy my dome shaves with my Ronson safety razor. I initially modified modern DE blades for it. The modification is virtually identical to the one for the Gibbs Adjustable, but I was never happy with the shaves I was getting. My friend, David, a true southern gentleman, patiently endured my concerns and then introduced me to the use of modern injector blades in it. My shaves since have been excellent, as it was this morning, leaving me velveteen smooth from shoulders to noggin.

RAZOR: Thistle Cut 5/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Injector II Twinblade (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Baume.BE
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Florida Water AS Splash.

20211209_131352-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #289/2021
09-12-2021

>> DecemBOAR, day 9 <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Omega 11148
Soap: Speick ~ Tallow Shaving Stick (grated)
Razor: Blackland Vector SS
Blade: KAI Captain Original (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Mann und Schröder ~ Majestät AS, Nivea Sensitive asb.

Happy shaves, Gents!

SOTD - Thursday 09 December 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Henson Shaving - AL13 Purple
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts / Declaration Grooming - Snow Andromeda B8 - 26mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos
  • After-Shave Splash: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos
  • After-Shave Balm: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos
  • Fragrance: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos - EdC (200 ml)

Razor: AutoStrop Valet - VB1 (1921-1929)🇨🇦
Blade: AutoStrop - “Valet” - Vintage (6)🇨🇦
Brush: Spiffo - Alezeh (High Mountain White SHD-Fan) 26mm🇨🇦
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Purely Skinful - BAR-BEAR-IC (Black Bear Tallow)🇨🇦
Aftershave: Purely Skinful: BAR-BEAR-IC (Splash)🇨🇦
5CA8F872-1B05-47EE-A74A-3FBFA3F4CB3E.jpeg

My name is ouchy! And! I! Am! Canadian! 🍁

#4 of my Canadian Gillettes is a New Short Comb. Never produced in Canada, according to some misinformation that pops up once in a while. See the pic for evidence otherwise.

5E822E50-3EAB-4858-BC41-705EDB6EC106.jpeg

Prep: Ice-cold Canadian water and Ach Brito Glyce soap.
Brush: Yaqi 2 band soaked in
heated Canadian water in a handmade Canadian bowl
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor and blade: Canadian New Short Comb with Personna Platinum
Splashes of ice cold Canadian water between 3 passes.
After: Hand towel with heated Canadian water, witch hazel, Speick AS

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Shavemac 28 mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant, Alum Vers.
Blade
Wizamet Super Iridium
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another Canadian razor today: the RR Stealth Slant, Aluminum Version. I read on the forum that RR will be introducing slants with various gap baseplates including one plate that would be similar to this one. If true and the head was smaller, I would be interested. A nice, smooth shave today. Have a good one.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Dec 9th 2021

Razor: Razorock SLOC, Excellent tame mid range, I like to use the Kai SS blade in this razor, one of the smoothest razor & blade compo for myself. Very well priced razor with a stainless steel handle, good razor for Newbie or seasoned shaver.
Blade: Kai SS (8) Excellent blade, extra wide 8-9/1000 inch or 4/1000 inch per side, Sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities(misted).(soap discontinued unfortunately)
Brush: Yaqi mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber, great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing cream(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR SLOC with a Kai SS blade.
SOTD, Dec 9, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: AutoStrop Valet - VB1 (1921-1929)🇨🇦
Blade: AutoStrop - “Valet” - Vintage (6)🇨🇦
Brush: Spiffo - Alezeh (High Mountain White SHD-Fan) 26mm🇨🇦
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Purely Skinful - BAR-BEAR-IC (Black Bear Tallow)🇨🇦
Aftershave: Purely Skinful: BAR-BEAR-IC (Splash)🇨🇦
View attachment 1375358
My name is ouchy! And! I! Am! Canadian! 🍁
Wow! Impressive Canadian shave! I got nothing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom