SOTD #286/2021
06-12-2021

>> DecemBOAR 2021, day 6 <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Omega 11121
Soap: Ariana and Evans ~ Peach & Cognac
Razor: Blackland Vector SS
Blade: Feather Soft Guard (5)
Post shave: frigid tap water; Nivea Sensitive asb.

Happy shaves, Gents!

Monday 12/6, four passes, DFS+, a fine shave with no troubles:

Pre-shave: shower w/ goat's milk soap
Razor: RR Lupo Aluminum🇨🇦
Blade: Kai (1) a little more blade feel than some other blades, but a good shave
Soap: Canada Shave Soap🇨🇦
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 in Best
Post-shave: cool rinse, and then a nice splash of RR Tuscan Oud AS, really nice, bought from 🇨🇦

This is the most Canadian I can do here in Arizona.

Have a great week!

PXL_20211206_153305309.jpg

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Derby (7)
Brush: Ever Ready 500 vintage mixed badger & boar
Bowl: Captain’s Choice copper
Lather: Cooper & French Santa’s Workshop
Aftershave: Bootleggers Green Freeze
Balm: Cooper & French Santa’s Workshop

8AC3100A-DE2C-4354-A9F7-1419256FFF65.jpeg

Let’s see. During prohibition ”Bootleggers” brought booze into the US from Canada. And Santa comes through Canadian air space to get to Minnesota. About as close as I can come to the theme today.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Dec 6th 2021

Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf(Pearless model 17 nib S.B) Excellent mid range, well designed and manufactured, a little smoother than the MMOC with the extra 5 nibs for my self & I get excellent shaves usually with this model.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. RR version of Floyd blue after shave.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion(balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Dec 6, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

This may seem like an extravagance, but I actually subscribe to a service that pipes fresh Canadian water directly to my house. This premium quality naturally lake-chilled Canadian water is what I use to start my shave, with several bracing rinses of the face. My Canadian water is wonderfully cold even in summer, and in wintertime it is only a few degrees above freezing.

OK, I’ll admit I’ve set up my entire home water system to use this fantastic water. It tastes great, it heats up just fine in the water heater. I even wash the dishes and flush the toilets with it!

I use hot (but not too hot) Canadian water from the tap to soak my brush.

In all, today’s shave was like this:

Prep: ice-cold Canadian water and Ach Brito Glyce soap.
Brush: Beautiful Graydog Omega boar knot in a (USA) maple handle.
Soap: Speick Stick, lathered with heated Canadian water
Razor and blade: Canadian Old Type with Bic blade
After: Towel with heated Canadian water, witch hazel, Speick AS

424344BB-7A50-4AAA-9C7C-E23A1EEA9A9C.jpeg

20211205_084319.jpg

Razor: Gem 1912 Peerless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

This may seem like an extravagance, but I actually subscribe to a service that pipes fresh Canadian water directly to my house. This premium quality naturally lake-chilled Canadian water is what I use to start my shave, with several bracing rinses of the face. My Canadian water is wonderfully cold even in summer, and in wintertime it is only a few degrees above freezing.

OK, I’ll admit I’ve set up my entire home water system to use this fantastic water. It tastes great, it heats up just fine in the water heater. I even wash the dishes and flush the toilets with it!

I use hot (but not too hot) Canadian water from the tap to soak my brush.

In all, today’s shave was like this:

Prep: ice-cold Canadian water and Ach Brito Glyce soap.
Brush: Beautiful Graydog Omega boar knot in a (USA) maple handle.
Soap: Speick Stick, lathered with heated Canadian water
Razor and blade: Canadian Old Type with Bic blade
After: Towel with heated Canadian water, witch hazel, Speick AS

View attachment 1373922
The judges allow it. 👍

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Ah well...EVERY shave is a Canadian shave for me! Except for the ones I used to have back in the old days when I could still travel internationally.

CSOTD: Monday December 6, 2021
Razor: RazoRock SSSSV4
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega 10005 DecemBOAR
Soap: Yardley

So there we were, eh, with the snow blowin' by sideways. As the wan light of an early-winter dawn dribbled slowly across the landscape the huskies stood up from their snowdrifts and lifted their noses to the sky. Up on the ridge the wolves were doing the same thing, and they and the huskies spent some time checking in with each other via canine social media ("Howl" app). The water I pumped out of the well out back came with ice crystals. My last warm-weather journey down the valley to the Hudson's Bay trading post netted me a winter's supply of blades and some cakes of soap, so I was pretty much set with my Canadian razor.

After a hearty breakfast of toasted sourdough bread and eggs with a large mug of coffee I headed in to the Lather Pit West to have my shave. It's still above -40 (F or C; all same at that temp) so of course I opened the bathroom window. Boar brush, soap, mug; all you need, really. Good blade, excellent razor; fine shave. Water cold enough to take your breath away; bracing!

Went outside, shoveled snow.

O.H.

InShot_20211206_160831604.jpg

Monday Head Shave 🍁

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso Red Preshave cream

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4 🍁

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)

Brush: Omega 10066 🐗

Lather: Tallow+Steel Sicily Shave Soap 🍁

Postshave: Osma Alum Block

Aftershave: Tallow+Steel Sicily splash 🍁 & Davidoff Cool Water balm

Notes: Not Biased about this theme this week at all.. Hehe

Last edited:
View attachment 1374017

Monday Head Shave 🍁

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso Red Preshave cream

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4 🍁

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)

Brush: Omega 10066 🐗

Lather: Tallow+Steel Sicily Shave Soap 🍁

Postshave: Osma Alum Block

Aftershave: Tallow+Steel Sicily splash 🍁 & Davidoff Cool Water balm

Notes: Not Biased about this theme this week at all.. Hehe
Did you buy the Davidoff balm in the US on the weekend? I bought a 125ml EDT, balm and shower gel set for insanely cheap In Niagara, NY. 👍

Did you buy the Davidoff balm in the US on the weekend? I bought a 125ml EDT, balm and shower gel set for insanely cheap In Niagara, NY. 👍
Nice grab! I have had this balm for awhile when I was gifted a Davidoff set for Christmas a few years back. Spent the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge resort unfortunately did not get a chance to leave the resort the whole weekend. Had a pretty rough shave too with the Yaqi brush so just didn't shave until i got back today lol

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Monday 6th December 2021
26AEF062-85E7-421D-AE72-C9160285717C.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA
SoapBlue Devil Frankinscents, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB The Plato, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorBlackland Blackbird, USA 🇺🇸
BladeAstra SP, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceTabac Original, Germany 🇩🇪
Rating9/10