Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
9/10
Comments
67th shave with the Ethos Lavender. The brush today is my Zenith Manchurian – one nice brush. I again had to scoop some of the soap out since the hole in the soap puck is so large. Nevertheless, the lather was nice and rich. This is the fourth and final shave with the Merkur 37C and Kai blade. The combo worked nicely but I could feel a little bite on my final pass. I have decided to stick with the L’Occitane ASB for the next week since I have so little left in it. Have a great day, folks, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm,Mfg 2021> excellent simple designed razor, fairly inexpensive, some manual adjustment of top cap. I just keep cranking out excellent shaves, one great carefree shave mostly. Head parts are small so I assemble over wash cloth.
Soap: Tabac, light clean flowery scent with excellent lather qualities
Blade : Schick proline AC,50mm 30P (1) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Brush : Yaqi Cavern lake 24mm tuxedo knot, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vertiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick p30. blade.
SOTD April 9 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

5BE21019-85FB-4AC7-8AD9-CD5F0609E9A5.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY, APRIL 9, 2022

It’s really nice to be posting again. This morning was the first straight razor shave since early February for this old geezer! SWMBO and the medical body mechanics were again quite opposed to any open edge mug shaving on my part. I put the “Traveling Wilbury’s” song, ‘Handle With Care’ and picked up one of my my favorite straight razors, this lovely. Bartmann, and had at it. It really is like riding a bike. Two and a half passes left me wonderfully smooth.

One of the benefits of another enforced health vacation, was the opportunity to add to my safety razor collection and knowledge. According to Waite’s Compendium, the later 1950’s Durham Enders Speed Shavers had their start in the 1932 Enders Speed Razor. Initial manufacturing took place in St. Louis, MO under the auspices of the Simmons Hardware Co. Manufacturing later shifted to Mystic, CT in the 1940’s following acquisition of the brand by the Durham Duplex Co.

While the Speed Razor and Speed Shavers are handsomely constructed safety razors, they required a proprietary blade which left many of them on the shelf as display queens until an enterprising soul discovered that the current Schick B-20 Injector blade fit perfectly unlike any other injectors. With the edge removed from an original proprietary blade, they were shaveable again. Since that time an adapter fitting the Schick B-20 was developed. In any case they are remarkable shaving tools!

This morning’s dome shave went swimmingly. My preference in safety razors are SE’s, and this remarkable design delivers an incredibly close shave, one every bit as good as my modern Supply and beloved E Type Schick injectors. The adapter features two neodymium magnets which hold the Schick B-20 blade quite securely. Over the course of my enforced health vacation, I’ve been shaving with all 5 of my Enders safety razors and have found them great for both mug and noggin shaves. Two ATG dome passes left yours truly velveteen smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Bartmann 86 11/16 (Mug), Durham Enders Butterscotch Handled Speed Shaver (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a splash of Canoe Original EdT.

photostudio_1649201860824.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1918 US Service Set
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Sazerac-Best-Rye-Gear-Patrol.jpg

I have to shave in my kitchen as our bathroom is under renovation. Having a pink grapefruit soda while shaving. This is my first time using a pre-shave (Proraso) and also my first time using a tallow-based shave soap. Coincidentally, this is also my first time ever with no nicks, cuts or scrapes on my face. I'm not sure whether to attribute it to the pre-shave, the tallow soap, or both. In any case, I am very happily BBS.

IMG_0121.jpeg

Pre Shave: Proraso Pre Shave Cream
Razor: Muehle Rocca R96 Stainless
Blade: Muehle stainless
Brush: Atomic Rocket 26mm
Bowl: Savi-Seppo Ceramic Shaving Bowl Turquoise
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Balm "Aloe", Epsilon 01

Saturday 4/9 SOTD- back to morning shaves, two-passes for a DFS+ result, 9+/10, no mishaps, smooth and nice today:

Razors: RR Lupo AL- this Lupo is a very easy shaver
Blades: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 in best
Soap/Cream: Canada Shave Soap
Post-shave: cold rinse, Captain's Choice Venture AS splash- delightful, Nivea SPF 15 face lotion

Hope you have a great weekend!

PXL_20220409_180737114.jpg

SOTD 20220409
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Voigt & Cop
Soap: Nuavia nera
Razor: Mühle R41 TI London Edition
Blade: Astra Super Platinum
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Colonia pura

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

04/10/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with HC&C Emperor Oud Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Billy Jealousy Hot Towel Pre-Shave Treatment
The Club Ariana & Evans Indo-Ink Soap in Kaizen 2e
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Above the Tie Windsor DE Razor CH1 Copper Base Plate with Satin Matte Finish Calypso Handle and Cap
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 5th Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
The Club Ariana & Evans Indo-Ink Aftershave Splash & Skin Food
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Epic Mentholated Talc Free Man Powder - Homage To The Original Burma Shave​

B IMG_0859D.jpg

Friday 04/08/2022

E40F1764-EBC8-46D4-A6E8-0F8AEC8E5D4E.jpeg

Have a great shave! - Have a great day!

PreShave
CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap, Phoenix Shaving
Soap
Sterling Soap Co Light-ish Red
Brush
RazoRock - Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
Razor
Henson AL13 Medium
Blade
Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum Coated
Aftershave
Sterling Soap Co Light-ish Red Aftershave Slash

That Light-ish red (it’s not pink) is a really good soap and the Razorock Chrome Synthetic Brush rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom