What's new

🍺🥤🧃🍸 SOTD - “Beverage Week” April 4th, 2022 to April 10th, 2022 🍺🥤🧃🍸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday and Thursday 4/6 and 4/7- it's been mid 90s here, so by the afternoon I've been sweaty, so I did one-pass shower shaves for CCS results, no mishaps, smooth enough and nice:

Razors: RR Lupo AL- it's easy to see why the Lupo design is so popular, it's an easy shaver
Blades: Astra SP (2&3)
Brush: none
Soap/Cream: quality shower bar soap
Post-shave: cold rinse, splash of Sanborn's Roble y Agave- the agave is what tequila is made from

Hope you've had a good week!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
87675560-72DD-40BD-931C-F813D115E8B4.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Chubby 1 Best Badger.
2) England: Shaving Cream TOBS Almond Shaving Cream.
3) Germany: Razor Gold Merkur Futur.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Wilkinson Sword.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Lotion.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, April 8th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Beast 2 variant- assembled 2022> excellent upper mid range, good blade feel, inexpensive and works well, not the most beauteous razor to look at but will out perform a lot of razors + great sizzling audio feed back is awesome. One side is tamer than the other because of the Yaqi flipside(dual) base plate having 2 different configurations on the safety bar. Excellent shave today!
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(4) excellent blade, sharp & smoooth.
Soap :Tabac, light flowery scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush :Yaqi 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Beast 2 with a 7oClock black.
SOTD April 8 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Travel shave. 04/08/22

Preshave: cool shower
Brush: Omega Evo
Soap: C&S/Valobra Oxford & Cambridge travel soap
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler
Splash: C&S Oxford & Cambridge
Balm: Brickell Instant Relief
Frag: C&S Oxford & Cambridge EdC
Rating: DFS+ 9.7

My own 48 hour cold brew coffee 1/1 with water, two squirts of caramel syrup, a splash of cream or milk is what I drink at home.

Shave of Day2.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
B&B Essential Boar, “Sue”
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
66th shave with the Ethos Lavender. The brush today is a boar brush: B&B Essential, Sue Version. I had to scoop some of the soap out since the hole in the soap puck is so large. Nevertheless, the lather was nice and rich. This is the third shave with the Merkur 37C and Kai blade. The combo sliced through my beard easily. A nice, smooth shave. Have a good day and weekend, folks.

Finished my coffee before I shaved

DD411748-1BB8-4EDC-92D0-0E30EB18304B.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Fatboy. Antique store find. One side is sprung and the blade flutters like a flag in a tornado. So effectively a single edge.
Blade: Sharp Star (4). Mid-range sharpness. Mild
Brush: Ever Ready 500. Tired old brush but it still does the job.
Preshave: Proraso White. I think this helps when I don’t have time to shower
Soap: Captain’s Choice Italia. First use of this sample. Smells good and my face feels goo afterward
Aftershave: Bootleggers Eldorado. This is great stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom